Focus

I have a used digital camera that is slightly out of focus.

Is there any fairly simple way to add a correcting lense
to it to correct the focus?

It doesn't have a lens adapter. It's just a snapshot camera.

Thanks for any help.

Jack

simple answer - no, not really

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:10:00 -0400, J. Yazel <jyazel@ds.net> wrote:

> I have a used digital camera that is slightly out of focus.
> Is there any fairly simple way to add a correcting lense
>to it to correct the focus?
> It doesn't have a lens adapter. It's just a snapshot camera.
> Thanks for any help.
> Jack
======================================

It just occurred to me that I didn't describe my problem clearly.

I want to know if anybody knows the mathematics for calculating
the additional lense at a distance of 1 inch or so.

I can probably figure how to attach it to the camera.

Thanks.

Jack

"J. Yazel" <jyazel@ds.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:10:00 -0400, J. Yazel <jyazel@ds.net> wrote:
>
>> I have a used digital camera that is slightly out of focus.
>> Is there any fairly simple way to add a correcting lense
>>to it to correct the focus?
>> It doesn't have a lens adapter. It's just a snapshot camera.
>> Thanks for any help.
>> Jack
> ======================================
>
> It just occurred to me that I didn't describe my problem clearly.
>
> I want to know if anybody knows the mathematics for calculating
> the additional lense at a distance of 1 inch or so.
>
> I can probably figure how to attach it to the camera.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jack

Focal Length of a Camera Lens
http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2002/MiriamJanove.shtml

There are what is called Close up filters that come in various powers. They
come in different sizes to fit the screw threads on some camera lens.
They are usually in a kit that have +1,+2 and +4 Diopters.

They can be found a photo stores.
http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=itemlist&cat1=Filters&cat2=Close-Up%20Filters&cat3=&feature1=Hoya&searchinfo=hoya&item_no=3

This may be a better link for what you want for a digital camera.
http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?page=searchresults&searchinfo=close-up

This company has the widest selection of digital camera Accessiories.
http://www.bugeyedigital.com/

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

>Focal Length of a Camera Lens
>http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2002/MiriamJanove.shtml
>
>There are what is called Close up filters that come in various powers. They
>come in different sizes to fit the screw threads on some camera lens.
>They are usually in a kit that have +1,+2 and +4 Diopters.
>
>They can be found a photo stores.
>http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=itemlist&cat1=Filters&cat2=Close-Up%20Filters&cat3=&feature1=Hoya&searchinfo=hoya&item_no=3
>
>This may be a better link for what you want for a digital camera.
>http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?page=searchresults&searchinfo=close-up
>
>This company has the widest selection of digital camera Accessiories.
>http://www.bugeyedigital.com/
>
>CSM1
>http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Thanks very much. Something here should help me.

Jack

Close up filters only help if the focus is out in one direction, and
they will almost certainly be WAY too strong. You would probably need
a prescription lens! I think you might be pedalling up a vertical
hill.. If it's a snapshot camera, it sounds like it isn't worth much,
and probably the lack of sharpness is more deep-rooted than the lens.
Also, if the lens is sufficiently bad, nothing will help.

<chrlz@go.com> wrote in message
> Close up filters only help if the focus is out in one direction, and
> they will almost certainly be WAY too strong. You would probably need
> a prescription lens! I think you might be pedalling up a vertical
> hill.. If it's a snapshot camera, it sounds like it isn't worth much,
> and probably the lack of sharpness is more deep-rooted than the lens.
> Also, if the lens is sufficiently bad, nothing will help.

He did say that he wanted to focus to one inch. That is Close-up. If the
camera does not have a Macro mode, then a Close-up lens may work.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

On Sun, 01 May 2005 12:22:35 GMT, "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com>
wrote:

><chrlz@go.com> wrote in message
>> Close up filters only help if the focus is out in one direction, and
>> they will almost certainly be WAY too strong. You would probably need
>> a prescription lens! I think you might be pedalling up a vertical
>> hill.. If it's a snapshot camera, it sounds like it isn't worth much,
>> and probably the lack of sharpness is more deep-rooted than the lens.
>> Also, if the lens is sufficiently bad, nothing will help.
>>
>He did say that he wanted to focus to one inch. That is Close-up. If the
>camera does not have a Macro mode, then a Close-up lens may work.
>CSM1
>http://www.carlmcmillan.com
=============================

The one inch was the distance from the correction lens to the
original.

The focus should be just like any cheap camera. From a few feet to
infinity.

> On Sun, 01 May 2005 12:22:35 GMT, "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com>
> wrote:
>
>><chrlz@go.com> wrote in message
>>> Close up filters only help if the focus is out in one direction, and
>>> they will almost certainly be WAY too strong. You would probably need
>>> a prescription lens! I think you might be pedalling up a vertical
>>> hill.. If it's a snapshot camera, it sounds like it isn't worth much,
>>> and probably the lack of sharpness is more deep-rooted than the lens.
>>> Also, if the lens is sufficiently bad, nothing will help.
>>>
>>He did say that he wanted to focus to one inch. That is Close-up. If the
>>camera does not have a Macro mode, then a Close-up lens may work.
>>CSM1
>>http://www.carlmcmillan.com
>
> The one inch was the distance from the correction lens to the
> original.

Will not work then. Closeup lens should be close to the front element of the
camera lens.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com