• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Folder dates change after copying

Had a user who just noticed this. The "folder" dates
change from the original creation date to today's date
(the date of the copy) when copying the folder from the
server(server2k) to a laptop(Win2k). I've never noticed
it before.

Question: shouldn't the original folder date remain static
when copying. FYI: the files within the folder show the
original creation date...it's just the folder.

Any help, comments would be most helpful...thanks in
advance.
Bruce

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

seems normal to me... don't know why its not consistent but thats the way it
has been for as long as i remember. on second thought i do know why, its
just an ms thing.

"Bruce Baird" <bbaird@lmcpa.com> wrote in message
> Had a user who just noticed this. The "folder" dates
> change from the original creation date to today's date
> (the date of the copy) when copying the folder from the
> server(server2k) to a laptop(Win2k). I've never noticed
> it before.
>
> Question: shouldn't the original folder date remain static
> when copying. FYI: the files within the folder show the
> original creation date...it's just the folder.
>
> Any help, comments would be most helpful...thanks in
> advance.
> Bruce

Dave:
Hey thanks...ditto, I also tried the same folders on my PC
and got the same results....after all these years I've
never noticed it...I agree it's a BILL thing. Thanks for
confirmation. Have a great day!
Bruce