Folder within My Pictures

Hello,
I have all my photographs stored in a folder called John's Pictures. This
is a separate folder within My Pictures. My Documents and therefore My
Pictures are stored on my D Drive rather than the C Drive.
I would like to have all my photographs, which are grouped in separate sub
folders, available in My Pictures and not in the separate John's Pictures
folder. I don't know haow to change this without deleting the whole lot!
I'd be very grateful if someone can help.
Thanks,
John

Byte

What........what are you trying to do? Your "C" drive is your default drive.
You can create whatever you want on either your C or D drive, so what is
the problem? Why would you need to "delete the whole lot"? You can
copy and paste can't you?
--
Today is the first day of the rest of
your life.

"jrsjs" wrote:

> Hello,
> I have all my photographs stored in a folder called John's Pictures. This
> is a separate folder within My Pictures. My Documents and therefore My
> Pictures are stored on my D Drive rather than the C Drive.
> I would like to have all my photographs, which are grouped in separate sub
> folders, available in My Pictures and not in the separate John's Pictures
> folder. I don't know haow to change this without deleting the whole lot!
> I'd be very grateful if someone can help.
> Thanks,
> John

No, that is not the problem. Perhaps I didn't explain it very well. I want to
delete the folder but not the sub folders within it. The whole folder
contains 55GB of photographs. There seems to be no way of deleting the main
folder without deleting its contents, i.e the sub folders.
Perhaps the answer is to copy and paste the contents to My Pictures and then
delete the main folder. I'll let you know if that works.

"Byte" wrote:

> What........what are you trying to do? Your "C" drive is your default drive.
> You can create whatever you want on either your C or D drive, so what is
> the problem? Why would you need to "delete the whole lot"? You can
> copy and paste can't you?
> --
> Today is the first day of the rest of
> your life.
>

> "jrsjs" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I have all my photographs stored in a folder called John's Pictures. This
> > is a separate folder within My Pictures. My Documents and therefore My
> > Pictures are stored on my D Drive rather than the C Drive.
> > I would like to have all my photographs, which are grouped in separate sub
> > folders, available in My Pictures and not in the separate John's Pictures
> > folder. I don't know haow to change this without deleting the whole lot!
> > I'd be very grateful if someone can help.
> > Thanks,
> > John

Jim

"jrsjs" <jrsjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No, that is not the problem. Perhaps I didn't explain it very well. I want
> delete the folder but not the sub folders within it. The whole folder
> contains 55GB of photographs. There seems to be no way of deleting the
main
> folder without deleting its contents, i.e the sub folders.
> Perhaps the answer is to copy and paste the contents to My Pictures and
then
> delete the main folder. I'll let you know if that works.
>
> "Byte" wrote:
>
> > What........what are you trying to do? Your "C" drive is your default
drive.
> > You can create whatever you want on either your C or D drive, so what is
> > the problem? Why would you need to "delete the whole lot"? You can
> > copy and paste can't you?
> > --
> > Today is the first day of the rest of
> > your life.
> >

> > "jrsjs" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > > I have all my photographs stored in a folder called John's Pictures.
This
> > > is a separate folder within My Pictures. My Documents and therefore My
> > > Pictures are stored on my D Drive rather than the C Drive.
> > > I would like to have all my photographs, which are grouped in separate
sub
> > > folders, available in My Pictures and not in the separate John's
Pictures
> > > folder. I don't know haow to change this without deleting the whole
lot!
> > > I'd be very grateful if someone can help.
> > > Thanks,
> > > John
In Windows Explorer, just move the sub-directory wherever you want it to be.

Jim

Dear Jim,
Thank you very much. I was able manually to move each sub folder to My
Pictures and then delete the main folder. I shall remember that for the
future. Thanks for your help.
John