Question FONDUE.exe constantly popping up

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2022
Found it C:\Users\micro\AppData\Local\Rocard.exe

It wasn't in either of the Startup folders @ex_bubblehead linked to, however that required me to Show Hidden Files which opened it up

It plays audio adverts in the background, so assume it's Malware

I deleted it, but then it reappeared here: C:\Users\micro\AppData\Local\Temp\nsuDC8D.tmp\Rocard.exe

AVG or Malwarebytes didn't pick this up, so no idea what else to do apart from a clean install, the ISO is a direct download from Windows created with Rufus.

Jan 21, 2022

Colif

Win 11 Master
Um, yeah, irony, Move from Mac to windows and get a trojan. Not nice

It isn't normal really, I never had a virus installed but I have found one uninstalled on an old folder before. Close calls.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

boot from installer

follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

reinstalling windows is easy part, getting all the applications takes time.

Your results just show that the safest security system is between your ears. All the ones that didn't find that file are normally at top of the list on AV tests, so they can't protect you from new files or yourself.

I have bitdefender and malwarebytes installed, neither would see that file. I also use Ublock Origin on all my browsers to stop me even going to sites that might give me those files.

name of file doesn't really mean anything when it can be renamed.

Jan 21, 2022
Um, yeah, irony, Move from Mac to windows and get a trojan. Not nice

It isn't normal really, I never had a virus installed but I have found one uninstalled on an old folder before. Close calls.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

boot from installer

follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

reisntalling windows is easy part, getting all the applications takes time.

Thanks - Would it be safe to create the installer on this computer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.