For Now, DirectX 11.1 Will Only Be for Windows 8

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

How is MS killing PC gaming? The only difference on the gaming front is that there is a slightly updated form of DX11 from what I understand of DX11.1 and that it has additional software distribution platforms. In no way do these hurt gaming.

I don't use Aero on most of my systems and even in clean install comparisons, I've noticed lower install time and boot time than 7 as well as it being more responsive. Maybe it's just the startup being more threaded, but the cause doesn't seem relevant in that (at least to the best of my knowledge) it can't be reproduced in Windows 7 installations except by MS.

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007

Congratulations, every one of your assumptions is incorrect, especially the pugnacious one that you know any more/are smarter than me. Yeah, I know lots of guys like you, gaseous windbags all full of delusional self importance. You need to find someone else to talk down to, I'll take you down.

Actually they weren't assumptions, simply applying your logic to the rest of your software. Naturally, you can pretend what you want, but that you will go out of your way to get other such software and not for a start menu (which is no less easy to do than the rest and is easier than most of it) is beyond ridiculous.

You most certainly don't know anything about me and assuming that you do and acting like some internet tough guy just makes you look like an idiot. You can't do anything about it and even if you could, I'm just some guy on the internet as far as you should be concerned. I most certainly don't have some ridiculous sense of self-importance or else I wouldn't waste my time with such lectures to people either too blindingly proud or too stupid to admit that what they said doesn't work when proper logic is applied.

You say that you don't want any third party junk on your system, yet you fill it with all of that other software should my purported assumptions be incorrect, so it doesn't make any sense why you wouldn't want a program that gives you functionality that you whine about not having. Or, do you simply like to whine about the problem instead of solve it?

Meh, it doesn't matter to me, all I was doing was pointing out how nonsensical your complaint is since it was so ridiculous that I couldn't tell if you were actually honest or just some troll.

thrasher32

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah bla bla bla great post. All I am saying is stop being a douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.