[SOLVED] For rendering, do I really need good cpu? What if I render on gpu?

Jul 7, 2020
As we know rendering is basically based on cpu cores. For high end 3d modeling and rendering at least we should have 16 core of cpu. But i have seen that 16 core CPU like AMD is so expensive And out of my budget also. So I want to know what if I buy 8 core CPU and high end graphic card like rtx 3080 And render on only GPU. How will this affect to performance?

Last edited:
Solution
D
For best for performance you’re going to want a good CPU and a good GPU one without the other won’t work so well
D

Deleted member 14196

For best for performance you’re going to want a good CPU and a good GPU one without the other won’t work so well

Solution

Kiet.exe

Prominent
May 2, 2020
As we know rendering is basically based on cpu cores. For high end 3d modeling and rendering at least we should have 16 core of cpu. But i have seen that 16 core CPU like AMD is so expensive And out of my budget also. So I want to know what if I buy 8 core CPU and high end graphic card like rtx 3080 And render on only GPU. How will this affect to performance?
yes all the replies are correct but be careful when picking out as rendering and workstation cpu and gpus are different from gaming ones.