For The First Time Ever, iPhone Owner Loyalty Declines

Status
Not open for further replies.
When iOS iterations differ little from one another (other than some gimmicks here and there), no wonder people get tired of it. It's like "y'all visiting the same brothel" mentality.

G

Steve Jobs 2nd Death Star size distortion field is finally dissipating on people.

halcyon

Splendid
If all Android devices worked were as good and worked as well as the SGS3 then Apple would be threatened. ...but all the OS fragmentation and weirdness doesn't help Android.

toorudez

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2002
But the iPhone 5 comes with ear phones that are ear hole shaped!! That's worth the price of a new phone for sure!!

faster23rd

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
lostmyclan
Funny =( how saddly u are

People have choices in your life. if apple dont have better products no one will buy.

Hmm. I don't remember fast food-like tech products like Apple's being better. Sure they make products that have sleek designs and all, but functionality and performance-wise, there are better alternatives. I see Apple's products as quick tech solutions for folks who can't be bothered with the intricacies of tech, hence fast food analogy.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]faster23rd[/nom]Hmm. I don't remember fast food-like tech products like Apple's being better. Sure they make products that have sleek designs and all, but functionality and performance-wise, there are better alternatives. I see Apple's products as quick tech solutions for folks who can't be bothered with the intricacies of tech, hence fast food analogy.[/citation]
There are legitimate reasons why so many like iOS. Ease-of-use is important to a lot of people. The Android experience is just not consistent and is incredibly fragmented and has to be customized if you want ease of use. A lot of folks have better things to do but us techie types don't seem to mind too much.

CocoHacker

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
[citation][nom]faster23rd[/nom]Hmm. I don't remember fast food-like tech products like Apple's being better. Sure they make products that have sleek designs and all, but functionality and performance-wise, there are better alternatives. I see Apple's products as quick tech solutions for folks who can't be bothered with the intricacies of tech, hence fast food analogy.[/citation]

Totally agree with that.

faster23rd

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]There are legitimate reasons why so many like iOS. Ease-of-use is important to a lot of people. The Android experience is just not consistent and is incredibly fragmented and has to be customized if you want ease of use. A lot of folks have better things to do but us techie types don't seem to mind too much.[/citation]

True, that. Also, in my corner of the globe, Apple products serve as a label of affluence. Their products become a symbol that says "Hey, I'm prolly a lot better than you", and they flaunt it too. I can only grumble in my head

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]faster23rd[/nom]True, that. Also, in my corner of the globe, Apple products serve as a label of affluence. Their products become a symbol that says "Hey, I'm prolly a lot better than you", and they flaunt it too. I can only grumble in my head[/citation]
Its the same in the US. A lot of folks that have iOS products think they're more afluent than folks that make other choices. ...especially in the younger than-20 crowd. It really is funny. ...but some of that is due to the plethora of Android devices. There's no one great device that folks look to as a status symbol, but with the SGS3 at least there is at least one great device.

spidey81

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
It's unquestionable that apple makes superior quality products from a hardware standpoint. That is as far as quality and use of materials that feel like they belong in a high end device. However, their "let's make software that anyone can use" mentality may be catching up to them so to speak. People are becoming more comfortable with their gadgets and are beginning to personalize them in ways beyond a pretty case. Android and Windows 8 to an extent offer a much more flexible and customizable interface. At least that's my two cents on the matter. Apple has never been a product for me because I don't appreciate their locked down proprietary software ideals.

CocoHacker

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]There are legitimate reasons why so many like iOS. Ease-of-use is important to a lot of people. The Android experience is just not consistent and is incredibly fragmented and has to be customized if you want ease of use. A lot of folks have better things to do but us techie types don't seem to mind too much.[/citation]

You do have a point. Though this ease of use seems to be generalized so much that even requirement specific users tend to see the product that way. Take for example, a businessman/corporate. He/She is better off with a BB/Nokia phone because its out-of-the-box usability is much better. I know a lot of business people that have iPhones and have a tough time using it because for every silly thing you need an app.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]jamessneed[/nom]Love or hate Jobs but I really don't think he would have let the iPhone 5 / iOS6 out the door with all of its issues especially maps.[/citation] I wish they had stuck the glass black and made the screen larger all around. I think a lot folks feel the same.

faster23rd

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Its the same in the US. A lot of folks that have iOS products think they're more afluent than folks that make other choices. ...especially in the younger than-20 crowd. It really is funny. ...but some of that is due to the plethora of Android devices. There's no one great device that folks look to as a status symbol, but with the SGS3 at least there is at least one great device.[/citation]

Ahh. I always thought that a lot of you guys have an iPhone that it doesn't become a label. Well, I'm younger than 20 but I've read enough to know, I guess that's what the "adequate" smarts can bring. Ahh, the SGS3, my folks got it and they seem very pleased about it, haven't really aked what they think about it though.

Onihikage

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
When they release unfinished products (practically spitting on Steve Jobs' grave), only care about their own patents, and sue the competition when it does better than them, is it any wonder why people are deciding Apple is a jerk and they should be spending time with other companies?

Status
Not open for further replies.