Force Feedback

G

anybody know how to get force feedback working on a MS sidewinder Force Feedback Pro 1 (gameport) on a machine running W2k?

Random

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have mine working, WIN 2k dosen't technically support it though BUT, this is how you get it to work.

Go to teh Gaming options control panel, if it dosen't find it, click Add, scroll down the list of available controlers, pick Microsoft Sidewinder(Auto Detect), it should then find your controller and give it it's proper description. The problem is that it should work, it may not, and it may go nuts after a couple of games without a reboot, I know mine runs fine from about 2 hours in NFS/HS, a Game that shouldn't work in 2000 BTW, and then it gets twitchy, sometimes jamming to one side with a high force level. but it worked well in most games. It works nicely in MW3.

G

Yes, it is listed as Sidewinder (AutoDetect), and the joystick works fine, but no FF

Random

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Try removing it at re-adding it , mine is listed as Microsoft Sidewinder Forsce Feedback Pro in the control panel itself. Make sure it is enabled in teh game you want it in, it wont work for any game that is not a DX game. I can't get it to work in q3.

G

tried that too. I dont have a FF in control panel itself. (Win2k clean install). everything works great in WinME (dual boot)

Random

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
After installation it should say force feedback, you can't select force feedback, and you can only configure the force for the controler in DX games, it won't do force feedback in any other games.