Format from 32 bit to 64 bit Tablet

mattyxkrist

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
Hello,

I have a Bush Tablet with windows 8.1 32 bit, it has intel bay trail chipset, intel atom z3537g cpu Claims to be 64 bit capable, I have tried to format with windows recreate tool and putting it on a micro usb drive with success but the uefi (bios) won't accept 64 bit and won't install but I am sure it can run 64 bit windows but it seems very hard to do as it is on a tablet and I have tried other ways like changing the boot file within the windows 64 bit package on the usb drive from 64bit to 32 bit and it boots and then shows a screen saying it can't load it or something (can't remember exactly what it said) because the cpu doesn't support 64 bit :S now I could go on about other ways I have tried following other instructions with no success and am just really confused on how and if it can be done, I am really good at following instructions on how to do things, I have formated my main pc a lot of times in the past with ease like always re formatting from XP 32 bit and 64 bit vista 64 bit windows 7 64 bit and also build computers from scratch etc... But with this tablet everything seems to blocked or something I realllllly want to format this tablet to 64 bit but not sure how, also do you really need 64 bit rather than 32 bit? All I want to do is completely wipe the tablet and reinstall windows 8.1 64 bit I have not got any files at all I want to save either so not bothered about losing and data on the tablet what so ever, anyway thanx in advanced

Matthew

Solution

No, Bing is just the browser. Not "a free version of windows".

USAFRet

Titan
A "Bush Tablet" ?
Do you have a link to this? Is it actually 64bit capable?
Tablets are pretty much un-upgradeable.

32bit to 64bit is a full install. Can't do it with a "Recreate' tool.
And you can probably only do it if you can get the installation from the manufacturer.

Why the need to go from 32bit to 64bit?

mattyxkrist

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015

This is a link to the 16gb hd as mine is 32gb everything else is the same http://

I don't mind doing a full install and don't mind paying for a full install and I just wanted to do it for many reasons like getting the full use from the cpu, it seems a lot more difficult than formatting a full desktop computer, also I don't want to upgrade, I do want to do a full install

USAFRet

Titan
1. This tablet only has 1GB RAM. Normally, Win 8.1 64bit requires 2GB minimum
2. The only way this may work is if you can get a 64bit install thing from the manufacturer. See #1
3. You would see no performance difference if you were able to actually do this