[SOLVED] Formatting W10 Pro (for the 1st time)

Coast Guard

Commendable
Dec 14, 2021
Hi Gang

I just picked up a Dell Precision 3620 and formatted a brand new WD 2TB using W10 Pro for the 1st time. To my understanding the 'Bios' is now referred to as 'UEFI'? Anyway when I saw the Boot Options, they naturally looked physically different from the old Bios Screen I used to see within W7 Pro and WXP. I always choose Erase/Delete to wipe the new drive before I began format. I recognized the X (for Delete), but couldn't be sure the new drive was actually deleted BEFORE I began the format? In any event, I think the format proceeded without any problems? I also don't remember seeing any indication that a small 'Reserve Partition' was created? This was almost automatic when formatting drives using Windows 7 Pro. However it appears I actually got THREE separate partitions?

When I checked Disk Management in the Dell Precision 3620 I saw this:
Disk W10 Pro

When I checked 'Disk Management' in the old Optiplex 790 I saw this:
Disk W7 Pro

These are 'other settings' in the Dell Precision 3620. (BTW I never use Raid), instead use a PCIe esata card. If you guys see anything irregular please let me know (Thank You)
Sata
Boot Options
System Options
Secure Boot
Integrated NIC

Thank You!
Mike

Solution

Coast Guard

Commendable
Dec 14, 2021
Thank you I looked over the tutorial ...

Actually 50% of the instructions are unnecessary and 'over complicate' the situation since I'm past all the initial steps ... As mentioned, the system seems to working fine.

More basically, a simple question applies:
Is it normal (or acceptable to get THREE partitions)?
Three Partitions

If the answer is no its not necessary, than I can easily just reformat the drive ...

Thank You