Former Microsoft Chief Architect Ray Ozzie Starts New Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
"had a minimum of several years of experience designing, building and delivering mobile apps on platforms such as iPhone, iPad, and Android."

ROFL.........

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
This certainly shows his completely-out-of-touch hubris. Does he think all the employees he ripped off when he sold out and walked away from Groove Networks don't remember? I interviewed a number of them. After many, many years of 80 hour weeks, they got less than pennies on the dollar for stock options, while he took a sweet deal from MS. Even if Groove wasn't big, does a little product called Lotus 123, which he rode into the ground, not come to mind?

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]"had a minimum of several years of experience designing, building and delivering mobile apps on platforms such as iPhone, iPad, and Android."ROFL.........[/citation]

My thought exactly. The iPad is just about 2 years old, Android about 3 years (depending on how you count).

G

FAIR WARNING TO ANYONE STUPID ENOUGH TO CONSIDER WORKING FOR RAY OZZIE: IN THE END, HE WILL SCREW YOU.

Former Groove employee here. After years of working on and helping to QA ("Groovefests," or mandatory unpaid overtime) a product I truly believed in -- Groove -- Ray Ozzie downsized the company in order to prep it for sale to Microsoft, and then proceeded to zero out all the common options of Groove stock so that peon employees like me ended up with $0.00 for all our years of hard work on a product that was novel in its time. Ray and his board of directors, of course, made out like bandits, with multi-million dollar payouts and high-level jobs at Microsoft. Groove employees who actually purchased their options with cold, hard cash paid thousands of dollars for what amounted in the end to literally nothing. Nothing.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]My thought exactly. The iPad is just about 2 years old, Android about 3 years (depending on how you count).[/citation]

i phone, and previous to that were palm pilots. if im not mistaken you could have close to 15 years of mobile app experience at this point, if thats all you did.

lathe26

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
I saw him speak at an annual Microsoft Company Meeting. Of all the speakers I heard over 10 years, he was by far the absolute worst.

His hour long speech had absolutely no point, no direction, no content. He just reminisced about what happened in the computer industry. He meandered in front of +20K employees. He tossed out odd random phrases like "cookie licker" that made audience murmur "what is he talking about".

His attempt to instill early confidence in a post-Bill Microsoft was a failure. I actually lost some faith in the leadership that day. Worse, that hour is the only time at any Microsoft Company Meeting that I wanted the time back and an apology.

scythe944

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]chechak[/nom]guys my cats name is "Cocomo" WTF?[/citation]

I guess you can add to the patent trolling that's going around and sue?

neosporinme

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Hi, I'm Ray Ozzie and I have 650 million dollars in the bank, but you know what would be cooler? Having a Billion Dollars like my old boss Bill Gates. Now lets start a new company and be a pirate troll and bleed that few million out of Microsoft, cause truth be told, I didn't give them the good stuff anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.