Feb 15, 2023
Since i have my new PC i have problems playing fortnite only and this is going on now for almost 1 year i tried every method to fix this but nothing works.
When i play i get ~ 120 fps with really big lag spikes down to 20-30 fps for 1s then going back up everytime i move or anyone moves in front of me but while standing still everything works fine.
On epic settings my cpu usage is at 40% while my gpu usage is at the same or bit higher usage 40-45% and the weird thing is as i lower my resolution or change from epic to lowest settings i have the same max 120 fps with big lag spikes and the usage of cpu and gpu on low settings 20%. Vsync is off!
I have this problem since 2022 and couldnt fix it... while other games perform fine with stable and high fps as Forza Horizon 5, GTA 5, League of Legends, CS:GO and so on.
I tried reinstalling Win10, try old gpu drivers, change ingame settings, putting power mode to max and much other things but nothing helped.
Before i upgraded my pc i had a titan x and a i7 8700k and i remember the old days i had like much better fps and NO lag spikes with the old pc. Now i dont know if this is a fortnite problem or does it have to do with my pc?
Nothing is overheating and here are some specs of my pc and temps while playing on epic setting (everything on max with ~120 fps)
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080TI stock (max at 50-55 celsius at 40-45% usage)
i9 - 10900k oc at 5,0ghz (50-60 celsius at 40% usage)
2x16gb DDR4 3200 MHz (xmp activated)
Samsung 970 Pro 1TB m.2 ssd
1920x1080p Monitor
And here are some benchmarks i did
Cinebench r23 = Multi Core: 15591 and Single Core: 1395
3DMark (Time Spy) = overall score 17883, GPU Score: 20156 and CPU Score: 10768 (and here in 3dmark it tells me is should run fortnite epic on 300+ fps on 1080p )

Apr 5, 2023
Hi, you can do whatever you want with your computer, you will always have problems, even if you reinstall everything cleanly, I have done this at least 10 times and I am like you with stutters regularly on fortnite and not in the other games. Look my problem here, since december until now I am still in contact with the Support, and the problem is still not solved, do not hesitate to contact them by detailing like me, your configuration, what you have done and the problem you are encountering. it takes as many people as possible to talk about the problem so that we can be sure that they take it into account and who patch the game with an update View: https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/12af1w9/fortnite_chapitre_4_season_2_with_my_new_setup/?utm_source=embedv2&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_content=post_title