Let's start with my PC specs:

GPU: 1070TI
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard: ASROCK B450 Pro4
RAM: G.SKILL DDR4 2 x 8GB 3000Mhz
PSU: Antec HCG 520 WATT
SSD: Crucial MX 500
144hz monitor

Recently i have been experiencing a lot of FPS drops. For the fortnite players among us around the time of Stark Industries update. Before that it was fine i played on an older windows version and with older nvidia drivers because of FPS problems before. However, i updated Windows (windows 10 2004 update or something) and could not go back because my restore point dissappeared.

Now windows and my nivdia gpu drivers are up to date. But i have massive FPS drops and i do not know what the problem is. According to HW info:
Picture with FPS in game over time: View: https://imgur.com/a/DWVdgR8
(i capped the fps in fortnite on 160)
  • GPU load is max 72%
  • CPU load is max 44% (Single core 89.7 is the highest peak)
Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? I have absolutely no idea and it is very frustrating...

Sep 27, 2020
I had your same issue,i solved by uncapping fps,i have r5 3600 and gtx 1660ti so i run normally capped at 165 and it was dropping like 70-80 fps,so i uncapped and i'm getting like 250 with a minimum of 150-170,it still drops,so the problem is not solved 100% but is just to be on higher fps than my monitor refreshrate,i think that could be an issue caused by latest windows patch,yesterday i installed it and i found this problem,but i haven't opened fortnite for like 2 months,so i don't know what the real issue could be,try to set to unlimeted,maybe it will work for you too.