[SOLVED] Fortnite Lag Spikes And Low FPS RX 580

Apr 12, 2020
Hello,

Fortnite is almost unplayable because of heavy lag spikes and low fps. I have an RX 580 and in the benchmark videos, they are getting 200+ FPS with all low settings. I am getting 100 FPS with lag spikes down to 10. I recently reapplied thermal paste for my GPU and solved the overheating issue. Still lags. It only does it with Fortnite and a couple of other games. Temperatures are good for both the CPU and GPU, drivers are up to date. I have tried almost everything.

My specs:
RX 580 4GB
I7-7700k
16 GB of RAM
MSI B250M BAZOOKA
931GB Western Digital WDC

Solution
Get a spare hard driver even cheapest ssd 120gb. Install win7 on it and make it as first boot. then install directx/gpu driver. then open the game on your other driver and test it. see it you get same result.
Apr 12, 2020
Gotcha.

Do a RAM test with MemTest86. Also it would help a little bit to have your game on an SSD as the textures and objects will render into the scene much faster.
I will definitely do that. I also want to point out that I noticed when I changed my graphics, there is no fps change. I know that this is a sign of a bottleneck, but my CPU is relatively good in comparison with the RX 580.

ironman33155

Reputable
Jun 27, 2016
I will definitely do that. I also want to point out that I noticed when I changed my graphics, there is no fps change. I know that this is a sign of a bottleneck, but my CPU is relatively good in comparison with the RX 580.
Same! I have a gtx 960 and earlier I was able to get 60+ FPS on ultra settings but now I barely get 14 FPS pm the same settings. Have to play at low settings. Also the GPU temp is 95, usage is 100%. The CPU usage just remains at about 40-60 %. So it is an acquired problem which I don't know how to fix. I've even cleaned my PC a couple of times.

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
Get a spare hard driver even cheapest ssd 120gb. Install win7 on it and make it as first boot. then install directx/gpu driver. then open the game on your other driver and test it. see it you get same result.

Solution