[SOLVED] Forza horizon 4 and 5: Game freezes until I alt tab

Nov 9, 2021
I have an Y540 lenovo gaming laptop, with i5 9300h, gtx 1650, 16GB ram, Ssd 1 tb, and 1080p 60hz display, and I have problems with forza horizon 4. I installed this game one year ago in windows 10, I didn't had any performance issues and everything was fine, but when I installed windows 11 the problems started. The game runs fine until the main menu comes and then freezes, but still has sound, and when I hold alt tab the game unfreezes, and if I come back to the game it freezes again. And this only happens with forza, other games like fortnite, minecraft, halo, gta, need for speed, worked without problems. This was 4 months ago and I literally had to go back to windows 10 (without losing files) this seemed to fix my problem but then I realized I didn't leave insider and windows 11 installed again, and the forza problem came back, but I stopped playing the game. Now FH5 just released and after installing it I had the exact same problem. The game runs fine on the loading screen until the main menu comes in. I have updated windows and drivers but nothing fixes the problem, I sesrched the problem in other forums and I didn't found any solution. Can anyone help me? this time I can't go back to w10 because the file that is used to recover just disappeared, and If I use that program to ksntall w10 I can't install it without losing files.

Solution
have you found anything further about this? I have the EXACT same issue and you're the only other person I've found with the same issue. please let me know. it makes the game unplayable. suffered with this for months
I found a solution. The Nvidia geforce experience in-game overlay causes this annoying bug. When you have instant replay activated the game automatically freezes, disabling this feature fixes the problem, but the record option also freezes forza as soon as you start recording. So yeah you can normally play the game without the Nvidia overlay but you can't record or do instant replay which is extremely annoying because I used those features a lot. I have pointed out the problem on several forums and unfortunately I...
if youre on insider build, press win +F on your keyboard, then click on feedback -> all feedback and on search bar type "forza"
as its been already reported, you can upvote it (more upvotes, more chances for fix incomming)
btw forza 3 seems to be affected aswell

Nov 18, 2021
I have an Y540 lenovo gaming laptop, with i5 9300h, gtx 1650, 16GB ram, Ssd 1 tb, and 1080p 60hz display, and I have problems with forza horizon 4. I installed this game one year ago in windows 10, I didn't had any performance issues and everything was fine, but when I installed windows 11 the problems started. The game runs fine until the main menu comes and then freezes, but still has sound, and when I hold alt tab the game unfreezes, and if I come back to the game it freezes again. And this only happens with forza, other games like fortnite, minecraft, halo, gta, need for speed, worked without problems. This was 4 months ago and I literally had to go back to windows 10 (without losing files) this seemed to fix my problem but then I realized I didn't leave insider and windows 11 installed again, and the forza problem came back, but I stopped playing the game. Now FH5 just released and after installing it I had the exact same problem. The game runs fine on the loading screen until the main menu comes in. I have updated windows and drivers but nothing fixes the problem, I sesrched the problem in other forums and I didn't found any solution. Can anyone help me? this time I can't go back to w10 because the file that is used to recover just disappeared, and If I use that program to ksntall w10 I can't install it without losing files.
have you found anything further about this? I have the EXACT same issue and you're the only other person I've found with the same issue. please let me know. it makes the game unplayable. suffered with this for months

Nov 9, 2021
I found a solution. The Nvidia geforce experience in-game overlay causes this annoying bug. When you have instant replay activated the game automatically freezes, disabling this feature fixes the problem, but the record option also freezes forza as soon as you start recording. So yeah you can normally play the game without the Nvidia overlay but you can't record or do instant replay which is extremely annoying because I used those features a lot. I have pointed out the problem on several forums and unfortunately I haven't received any useful response. I'll try to record a video of the problem and put more details to hopefully get a fix.

Solution
Nov 18, 2021
Thank you so much. You’ve just made my day/ night and the rest of my time playing the game. That bug really annoyed me and I’m glad you’ve replied! Love you x