[SOLVED] Forza Horizon 4 - No sound, crash to desktop after a few minutes of gameplay

freddiebox

Prominent
Apr 26, 2019
Hi folks!

After spending hours following user guides and watching countless of videos on workarounds I still haven't been able to play this game properly after buying a new computer.

The game worked just fine on my previous computer with a MSI B150 Gaming M3, Intel i5-6600K, Zotac GTX 1070, and Kingston HyperX 16GB.

After upgrading to an ASUS Prime Z390-A, Intel i5-9600K, ASUS RTX 2060, and Corsair Vengeance 16GB I have no sound except for the plash videos and cutscenes. The game also crashes after a few minutes of gameplay no matter what I do ingame. Having spent several support tickets with Turn 10 where getting a ticket answered takes up to a month they haven't been able to help me. So I'm now turning to other forums in hope to get this issue resolved.

Regarding the sound problem I use the onboard Crystal Sound 3 which uses the Realtek S1220A codec with the latest ASUS driver 6.0.1.8507 . The guides over at the Forza community suggested to head into the audio settings and disable audio enhancements. The only problem is I don't have an option to disable audio enhancements. I tried heading into the Realtek Audio Console to turn off all audio effects but that did nothing.

About the game crashing I think it could be related to the audio issue so if I get that resolved I hope the game runs like it used to.

freddiebox

Prominent
Apr 26, 2019
This solution sounds weird but try installing and then uninstalling Skype from the Microsoft store.
I am stunned really. When I first read this post I giggled a bit almost wanting to ignore it. But then I thought what the heck I'm out of ideas anyway.

THIS FIXED THE SOUND PROBLEM!

Is this some form of known workaround for issues with Microsoft Store apps? I've not seen this solution over at the Forza community yet...

Now I just hope my crashing problems disappear as well. I will give it an hour tonight and see.

OilPirate

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019
I am stunned really. When I first read this post I giggled a bit almost wanting to ignore it. But then I thought what the heck I'm out of ideas anyway.

THIS FIXED THE SOUND PROBLEM!

Is this some form of known workaround for issues with Microsoft Store apps? I've not seen this solution over at the Forza community yet...

Now I just hope my crashing problems disappear as well. I will give it an hour tonight and see.
No clue how it works just used to happen with horizon 3

freddiebox

Prominent
Apr 26, 2019
I'm happy to report that I'v now been playing the game over the weekend without a single crash or sound problem. That Skype trick really worked. I hope more people with the same problem find this thread!

Thanks again!