Four Full Tower Cases From $150 To $600

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]ccintron[/nom]Wow, those are four hideously UGLY cases... I'll stick with the Cooler Master Cosmos series.[/citation]
I'm not a real fan of the designs either, but I wouldn't call them hideous. There is a special circle of the local landfill reserved for the epitomy of ugly, such as the ASUS Vento.

DFGum

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
"and seven expansion slots (that’s right—no room for three GTX 280s, if that was what you were planning."
That was written for the antec 1200... i dont even know how you came to that conclusion.
2 slots per card x 3 cards is 6 out of 7 slots...
If you can fit 2 way sli , card at top card at bottom with 2 slots in center open you can fit 3 way sli..
This needs to be fixxed.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
In order for that configuration to work, you’d need EVGA’s X58-based motherboard. The ASUS Rampage II Extreme, used for testing throughout this piece, will not support a three-way SLI setup, despite having three x16 slots. Bear in mind that 3-way SLI isn’t just about how many slots you have free—it’s all contingent on the platform you’re using. The cases with eight expansion slots, however, will work regardless, even if the third double-wide card hangs off the bottom of the board.

royalcrown

Distinguished
[citation][nom]EnFoRceR22[/nom]Good thing this is what matters i guess. The cases look fine as long as they do the job. Though all my comps are in the lian li pc-a70b. But if your more interested in your computer wining a computer case pagent then whatever.[/citation]

you forgot the stupid drive on the side canyon, that's not just asthetic, it's dumb ! As long as it works, why not put the mb tray so stuff comes out the top too ? Plus, for home use, ppl do have to actually look at this crap ! Form should count to some degree almost always.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
I lov THG but sometimes......it takes 10 mins to prep a 1200 case - remove both doors, remove all the front bay screws, slide out the trays - easy tooless designs always fail securely hold drives. Comon guys, make the wiring look as bad as possible and make the $600 case look nice - lol! its suppose to look (this is only few extra mins to tuck a few wires) like this: http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l373/warpedsystems/WSZa1200ok-2.jpg
ok nice article!

CrackeD_B0neZ

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Thx for the article.

However, for me the Silverstone TJ07 is still the king of Fulltower case..

I can't believe anyone mentioned it in comments..

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom][/citation]

Why in the world would you post this about an article for full-tower cases?? It wasn't titled 'cases for most people'.

dmbinbc

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2008
I think it would be nice if the folks that operate this web site would do some polling to find the top ten components of any certian catagory which we want to be analyzed in this tests

s311_bvm

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Hello,
Can we please have confirmation of the fan (low, med, high) seeting used for the Antec 1200 sound measurments?
If the fans are were not all on low speed can you please provide sound level data with fans on low?

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
Greetings,
Fans were set to low for acoustic and thermal testing on the Twelve Hundred. If someone wants additional thermal performance, they are free to increase fan speed at the expense of acoustic performance, of course.

This should have been addressed in the piece—thanks for asking.

Chris

G

WOW im going to add this to my dream PC....*cough*
$4,578 *cough*

theLaminator

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
I'm an owner of the HAF 932 and I just wanted to say that the PSU does not have to be installed on the bottom. There are supports and a cover (with two 1/2" holes for water cooling) at the top of the case on the back. This cover will also screw over the bottom PSU opening. I think this should have been mentioned in your article. Also, man I'm sorry but the picture of cable management you have in this case is sad lol. I have a 850 watt Antec PSU, 3870 & a 3870x2 in a tri-fire and a water cooled cpu and NB, with hardly any wires showing. There are several holes cut into the MB tray so cable management is a breeze. Otherwise great article. I was pleased to see my case at the top :)

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]theLaminator[/nom][/citation]

Nowhere was it said the PSU had to be installed at the bottom. In fact, in the installation section, I say:

"Unbolt that plate up top and relocate your power supply, though, and the case’s floor suddenly get a lot roomier."

Thanks for the positive feedback! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.