Foxconn Chairman Calls in Exorcist to Stop Suicides

Status
Not open for further replies.

azcoyote

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Underpaid exploited Chinese workers forced to work excessively long hours for minimal pay are offing themselves? Get the Eff out of here....

twisted politiks

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
lol, romanticize suicide? im pretty sure there's nothing you could do to 'persuade' me into committing suicide. try looking elsewhere, like the work place, or their actual lives. so stupid how everything is blamed on social networking these days.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
weird.

shouldn't they be lucky they even have jobs, especially in the tech field? I know a lot of people who don't have jobs and are trying to raise kids and they don't just go killing themselves and they are happy.

geminireaper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]weird.shouldn't they be lucky they even have jobs, especially in the tech field? I know a lot of people who don't have jobs and are trying to raise kids and they don't just go killing themselves and they are happy.[/citation]

The foxconn employees are paid horribly. have to stay on site and work 12+hrs days.

v1ze

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
[citation][nom]twisted politiks[/nom]lol, romanticize suicide? im pretty sure there's nothing you could do to 'persuade' me into committing suicide. try looking elsewhere, like the work place, or their actual lives. so stupid how everything is blamed on social networking these days.[/citation]
...or video games

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
I'm 50/50 believing these are all suicides in the light of the last guy, with what sounds like multiple stab wounds.
I'm sure somebody has a motive to be killing these guys, and throwing them from a balcony is a very easy way to do it.

manitoublack

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
400,000 people in one factory, with the implication that they live in on-site dormitories. Well I suppose you'd have a rather large car park otherwise but dam. Imagine the logistics of simply organizing to feed, clothe, wash and bed such a large number of people.

Wonder if this is the same foxconn plant that is building the iPhone 4G...

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
With 400k employees...
"30 suicide attempts in the last three weeks alone"
10 suicide per week. at least 1 per day.

i suppose they cant live like ants anymore.

G

doesn't have anything to do with a leaked 4G iPhone to a neighboring country..... multiple knife wounds and then jumps from the building, doesn't sound like suicide to me, i thought if you wanted to commit suicide then one good knife wound would probably do it, why inflict more? they dont need an exorcist they need bloody union

G

ya, if only we were willing to pay another buck for our electronics.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Now that people are hinting at it. It does make sense that the company is having people commit "voluntary suicide" until someone pointed a finger at the person who leaked the new iPhones. I have a pile of money on the person who was stabbed is the last of this "suicide cluster".

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]siuol11[/nom]@rooketA suitably stupid comment from a suitably stupid user name. Yes, I'm sure they feel lucky to have to live in barracks that are worse than most of our prisons, to have to work 12+ hours a day for pennies on the dollar, and no vacation time. Just as I'm absolutely sure they have the opportunity to quit and find a job somewhere else if they don't like it.You should be eternally grateful that you have the 'right' to sit on your fat, ignorant ass and make ignorant-ass comments on the internet.[/citation]

Actually, yes... Many of them are. I lived in China for 3 years, and jobs that the rest of the world would look upon with disgust and revulsion many of them are happy to have. All of them? No. Many of them? Yes.

Kadoka

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Me being a huge horror fan, as soon as I read this thought that it is eerily similar to "The Happening".

Thats just really sad thought.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Its not a typo and yes they live and eat there maybe its the stress of not leaving work environment.
foxconn.jpg

there are more buildings behind this one hard to find a full view.
the place is HUGE its like a city.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiN1MtqEz7Y

Status
Not open for further replies.