Foxconn Working With Police on Bribery Allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Well if your workers are jumping off the roof because of being worked to death or demanding higher wages and your managers say nothing is wrong, I think there is a problem there.....

zzz_b

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
Bribery??? :O All ex-comunist countries have it all over the place.
I am sure that here in the State is going on too, but more discrete.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
Foxconn to police: If you don't leave the compound immediatery, I will spare our workers from jumping off the buildings, and you will therefore be unemployed with nothing left to do!

G

WE are working with law enforcement who WE brought in to work with OUR OWN internal audit team.......um...what?!

Tom's, you could have at least given a link to a full list of the companies who are clients of Foxconn. The list has dozens, if not hundreds, of companies. Giving a small list and not even saying "and much more" after it seems kinda misleading about how much Foxconn really does.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]zzz_b[/nom]Bribery??? All ex-comunist countries have it all over the place.I am sure that here in the State is going on too, but more discrete.[/citation]

In the states its called lobbying. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
"Giving a small list and not even saying "and much more" after it seems kinda misleading about how much Foxconn really does."

They do mention that Foxconn employs 1.2M people -- I think with that info alone, you have to have some idea of how much they do.

[citation][nom]rosen380[/nom]"Giving a small list and not even saying "and much more" after it seems kinda misleading about how much Foxconn really does."They do mention that Foxconn employs 1.2M people -- I think with that info alone, you have to have some idea of how much they do.[/citation]

I disagree on that. The number of employees doesn't seem like a good way of describing how many dozens, if not hundreds, of clients that Foxconn has, especially with how the last sentence of the article is worded.

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
Sure-- Foxconn doesn't just make products for Apple, Dell, HP, Intel and Microsoft. They also do some manufacturing for Cisco, Acer, Toshiba, Sony and others.

The link below says that it is estimated that 40-50% of Foxconn's revenue comes from Apple alone; so them plus the other four mentioned by name in the article, very well might be 70%+ of Foxconn's business. If that is roughly the case, then I think I'm OK with them only mentioning the top couple by name...

http://www.macworld.com/article/2012972/foxconn-builds-products-for-many-vendors-but-its-mud-sticks-to-apple.html

Status
Not open for further replies.