[SOLVED] FPS drop issue

Sep 19, 2021
I've had this issue since August 13th, I've done a ton of things. Like reinstalled windows 3 different times. Changed out numerous parts. Had someone tell me to check out Latencymon, so that's what I did. I saw the ISR count was high for an audio driver. It ended up not being a nvidia driver, but the Realtek Audio one. So I disabled it in my device manager. Here's an imgur link of a ten minute test. I see all these things with high ISR and DCP, but I don't know what they are. And obviously resetting windows didn't do anything. View: https://imgur.com/a/WoOMUjD

Solution
gigabyte b550 aorus elite v2, r5 5600x, evga 3060, 32gb corsair ram, 850w super flower ram, 1tb gold SK Hynix. I've tried completely different parts. Not all at the same time though. I went from a 3060ti to a 3060. Still same problem. Then tried different mobo, cpu, psu, ram, and still had the problem. Have done a 4.5hour long memtest 86. The 1tb ssd is 1 day old now, got everything installed on it yesterday.
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver and audio driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this...
I've had this issue since August 13th, I've done a ton of things. Like reinstalled windows 3 different times. Changed out numerous parts. Had someone tell me to check out Latencymon, so that's what I did. I saw the ISR count was high for an audio driver. It ended up not being a nvidia driver, but the Realtek Audio one. So I disabled it in my device manager. Here's an imgur link of a ten minute test. I see all these things with high ISR and DCP, but I don't know what they are. And obviously resetting windows didn't do anything. View: https://imgur.com/a/WoOMUjD
please list the specs. all the parts, and detailed info of the parts.

Sep 19, 2021
please list the specs. all the parts, and detailed info of the parts.
gigabyte b550 aorus elite v2, r5 5600x, evga 3060, 32gb corsair ram, 850w super flower ram, 1tb gold SK Hynix. I've tried completely different parts. Not all at the same time though. I went from a 3060ti to a 3060. Still same problem. Then tried different mobo, cpu, psu, ram, and still had the problem. Have done a 4.5hour long memtest 86. The 1tb ssd is 1 day old now, got everything installed on it yesterday.

try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver and audio driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver. and audio driver. then reboot.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them. Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution
Sep 19, 2021
Thank you for the new things to try. It inspires a bit of confidence at this point. I do have a question or two before I do anything. I've updated my bios recently. New ones came out a few days ago. Do you suggest I flash them again? And I already have chipset drivers installed. Should I download them and then reinstall them while offline?

Edit: I thought I should also let it be known that the only thing I haven't done of those is uninstall the cores. (i've done DDU, and messed with most of the gpu hardware acceleration settings. )

Do you suggest I flash them again?
you could do that if it doesn't bother you.

And I already have chipset drivers installed. Should I download them and then reinstall them while offline?
well it is better to download all the drivers and install them later (offline) as per what i told on previous post, read it carefully and do it propperly in order. also use the latest chipset driver from amd (link above on highlighted words).

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021
Alright. I put windows in safe mode, took ethernet cord out. Uninstalled all the drivers, the cpu cores, and the chipset drivers. Rebooted pc. Reinstalled chipset drivers first. rebooted. Reinstalled Graphics and audio driver. Then rebooted again.

I didn't flash the bios because when I plug my usb in, whether it's in the front IO or the mobo IO, half the time it says can't recognize device. This only happens with usbs though.

I also checked for windows updates.

It did not make a difference according to latencymon

Alright. I put windows in safe mode, took ethernet cord out. Uninstalled all the drivers, the cpu cores, and the chipset drivers. Rebooted pc. Reinstalled chipset drivers first. rebooted. Reinstalled Graphics and audio driver. Then rebooted again.

I didn't flash the bios because when I plug my usb in, whether it's in the front IO or the mobo IO, half the time it says can't recognize device. This only happens with usbs though.

I also checked for windows updates.

It did not make a difference according to latencymon
Usually i did this without safe mode but meh it's fine to do so, also turned on the HAGS on graphics settings and replugged the cable to the correct allignment?

Sep 19, 2021
Yeah i mean using the main cable not the split/branch cable.
I believe so yeah.

I have another test pc set up. mobo, ram, ssd, psu. If I download some games on it, and plug in my current gpu can I assume that it's a gpu problem?

EDIT: I have a theory that with my 3060ti the fps drops I was getting may have not been the same thing I'm getting now. I had a monitor with inputs that went bad. Once I stopped using the monitor frame drops were much less significant. I only figured that out after I got the 3060 though.

Sep 19, 2021
Yes, even if you have an old system like a 3rd gen intel with plenty of ram and ssd, used old card, no stutter, used 3060ti, stutter, then it could be a gpu issues.
The only thing I don't have is the 3060ti anymore. I really wish I did, as that would make this a bit easier. I'll go try that again today. Thanks, hopefully I can make some conclusions.

Reactions: Koekieezz