Question FPS drops after updating bios

Oct 6, 2024
PC Specs:
⠀•⠀AMD Ryzen 7 5700X (OEM/TRAY)
⠀•⠀Gigabyte B550M DS3H
⠀•⠀Kingston Fury 24GB 3200 DDR4
⠀•⠀Zotac RTX 4060 8GB Twin Edge White

My motherboard had "FB" bios loaded onto it when i built the PC earlier this year. And from it's ( the motherboard's ) website i saw there's a lateset bios version which fixes a vulnerability, so i downloaded the bios "FEd" and installed it with the help of GIGABYTE's "@Bios.exe" app. After installing and updating the bios, went back into the settings of the bios and change back few settings and turned them on:
• XMP
• Resizable Bar
• Secure Boot

After that, was playing Counter Strike 2 with my GF and noticed that my FPS used to be around 300avg and now im getting around 180-220 depending on the map, previously it'd be over 300+ all the time.

I wanna know,
1.Can bios update cause FPS drop?
2.If so how can I fix it.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!
Kingston Fury 24GB 3200 DDR4
Can you elaborate on this?

Gigabyte B550M DS3H
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550M-DS3H-rev-10-11-12-13#kf
There are multiple PCB revisions for the motherboard mentioned above, did you make sure you sourced the right BIOS version for your motherboard?

Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified your BIOS for the motherboard was successfully flashed to the latest version?

installed it with the help of GIGABYTE's "@Bios.exe" app.
Ideally, you should've flashed the BIOS within BIOS, that's the way it's been done for a long while. At least that's how I've been doing it since 2009.

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. The make and model of your case and the cooler you're using to cool the processor.

Oct 6, 2024
ive the rev1.7 and i installed the correct version of the bios from the website. My whole build is new. Bought start of this year. PSU is 550W PK550D from deepcool. Ive AG620 ARGB and Gamdias AURA GC2.
I didnt clear CMOS but when i installed it thru @bios app it reset everything and ive to redo everything from start.

Ive XMP profile set to 1 ( 3200 ) and PBO to Auto ( Max boost i get is 4.67GHz ) and owh bout the RAM config. It's 16GB+8GB