Question Fps drops every 5-20 minutes when pc has been on too long

Sep 19, 2020
Hello,
So i have this funny issue with my pc...

If i leave my pc on for too long, fps will drop every few minutes for a second or so. I notice this mostly in games, but also when im watching movies, i suspect its consistent, no matter how hard the pc is working.

If i turn my computer on and off, the issue dissapears, until i leave the pc on for too long again.

I have had this issue for a pretty long while now, but havent bothered to do anything about it yet, because well.. i could just restart my pc and its fixed XD .

Any clue what's going on ?

Sep 19, 2020
Is your game installed in an SSD or HDD? If so, what are their speeds? Low quality drives tends to do that.
Hello !

So, from what i found out from the interwebs , both are 6 gb/s, which seems weird to me , but there you go :D

Some games that lag are on the ssd, while others are on the hdd. It also lags when im watching movies on programs, or in the browser.

It seems to worsen the longer its been since the last restart of the pc.

If it spends the night in hibernation, the lag will still appear.
He has to be restarted, normal rest modes arent enough

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
Hello !

So, from what i found out from the interwebs , both are 6 gb/s, which seems weird to me , but there you go :D

Some games that lag are on the ssd, while others are on the hdd. It also lags when im watching movies on programs, or in the browser.

It seems to worsen the longer its been since the last restart of the pc.

If it spends the night in hibernation, the lag will still appear.
He has to be restarted, normal rest modes arent enough
Have you tried high performance mode in the power plan? And set drive sleep to "0" (Never).

Min CPU state: 100%
Max CPU state: 100%