Question FPS drops in every games

May 6, 2020
So my pc has been unplayable mostly even though I tried to solve the issue. It is always locked at 10-15 fps. Initially, I thought it was a heat-related issue because my laptop is overheating (96 degrees at idle) even though I didn't run any programs. So I reapplied the thermal paste and now it runs smoothly (50-60 degrees) but the games are still dropping fps. For some reason, Devil May Cry 5 runs smoothly at 60 fps for a few seconds at the start but dropped to 15 after it loads the save file. After that everything is running at the same fps. This applied to every game I played. I don't know what' causing this anymore. Please help :(

Laptop model : Predator Helios 300 (2018 ver)

RAM: 16 gb

Graphic card: Nvidia GTX 1060

Processor: Intel core i7 7700hq

I'd see if Intel's XTU might allow a few tweaks, namely potentially experimenting with sacrificing 100-200 MHz peak all-core turbo clock speeds for reduced heat, if needed, and/or, possibly disabling the time of peak turbo limits often imposed (30sec, 1 minute, etc.)...

Check CPU clock speeds with HWMonitor to see what reductions, if any, are occurring. during a sustained gaming load... (For such a radical frame rate drop-off, I'd look for evidence that your clock speeds are being reduced to 800 MHz for throttle reasons...)

May 6, 2020
I'd see if Intel's XTU might allow a few tweaks, namely potentially experimenting with sacrificing 100-200 MHz peak all-core turbo clock speeds for reduced heat, if needed, and/or, possibly disabling the time of peak turbo limits often imposed (30sec, 1 minute, etc.)...

Check CPU clock speeds with HWMonitor to see what reductions, if any, are occurring. during a sustained gaming load... (For such a radical frame rate drop-off, I'd look for evidence that your clock speeds are being reduced to 800 MHz for throttle reasons...)
Update!!
I realised if i open the task manager with the game, without minimizing the tab, the fps runs at 60 fps smoothly like usual then when i minimized it like closing it, the fps drops again. How to fix this??