Question FPS drops when GPU usage is 100% - GTX 1070 Max-Q Laptop Razer

Jun 9, 2024
Hi everybody. As the title says, today I have a problem that I would like your answer and help with

I bought a Razer Blade 2018 15 Advanced with the following configuration:
- i7-8750H
- GTX 1070 Max-Q
- RAM 32GB DDR4 2666
- 1TB SN730 SSD
- Window 11 ( Support TPM 2.0 )

When I play games. As shown in the picture is the game Raft with all settings being low. I thought this game would be fine with a GTX 1070 Max-Q on board but nope. I can't play it stably at 60 FPS. After a while, it drops fps to 10-20FPS, making it impossible for me to play, extremely annoying. After that, I installed MSI AfterBurner to check the temperature as well as the load level of the CPU, GPU, and RAM. I realized that when I played games, the CPU load was quite low but the GPU sometimes was 100% (when it was 100%, I encountered Drop FPS phenomenon). I also found that the temperature was too high for the CPU and GPU, so I took it to a local shop and replaced the thermal paste (MX-6 thermal paste). But the result is still the same. I can only play with the Drop FPS phenomenon after a few minutes, even a few seconds. I tried with CS2 game and the result was the same. Also drops FPS when GPU Load 100%. I can't make it any cooler because this is a @@ Laptop. If anyone knows the reason why, please help me. Thank you very much.

CEclnGJ.png

I used NVCleanInstall to install Nvidia Driver for GTX 1070 Max-Q (I also tried the version from Razer's Driver page for this device - but it is from 2018) but the result is still the same. My device still has the above problem.

And below is my Nvidia Control Panel Setting (I tried setting it to the default Nvidia Control Panel but it didn't get better)

o7grXmL.png

wvB5SXS.png

eRRfyP0.png

Jun 9, 2024
thanks for reply. when i repsted i also clean fans and vents. I also thought about throttling, but with my device, repaste and cleaning the device had no effect. it's still really hot. I also found out how to Disable Thermal Throttling but the result is not possible. I don't know if there is any way for my device. I have done everything to make it cool down, Undervolt with Throttle Stop, -125mV CPU Core, -125mV CPU Cache and Disable Turbo Boost but it is still very hot and Throttling still occurs.