Hi guys!
My specs:
Ryzen 7 2700X
PowerColor 5700 XT
2x8GB 3000mz
Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Crucial MX500
Bitfenix Formula Gold 650W

I've been experiencing some weird FPS drops ingame (mostly COD:MW).
The game plays buttery smooth, but for just a second, it kinda stutters or freezes, and its annoying, because sometimes it happens in the middle of action, and i cant react well.
After some research, i found these are the "0.1% low".

When i play uncapped, i can get stable 144fps on high.
The FPS drop to maybe 45fps or something, is so fast i cant even tell the exact FPS drop.

I tought it was the high refresh rate.So I capped to 75fps, and still the same happens.
Do you have any suggestions?

Solution
Hi guys!
My specs:
Ryzen 7 2700X
PowerColor 5700 XT
2x8GB 3000mz
Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Crucial MX500

The game plays buttery smooth, but for just a second, it kinda stutters or freezes, and its annoying, because sometimes it happens in the middle of action, and i cant react well.

The FPS drop to maybe 45fps or something, is so fast i cant even tell the exact FPS drop.

I tought it was the high refresh rate.So I capped to 75fps, and still the same happens.

There are various things that can help this...
Hi guys!
My specs:
Ryzen 7 2700X
PowerColor 5700 XT
2x8GB 3000mz
Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Crucial MX500

There are various things that can help this. Firstly make sure windows power settings are all set to high performance (this will prevent the CPU down clocking) - also worth keeping an eye on temps during the game as if these get too high the clock speed will drop (on either cpu or gpu).

It's also worth checking what background processes you have running and disable as much as possible.

Solution