Hugo_Jimenez

Reputable
Mar 25, 2016
Just purchased some new memory for my computer. After installing the memory , i ran a couple stress tests I.E Unigen Heaven 4.0 and cinebench r15 and saw a noticeable improvement ; However, after tryhing to load a youtube my browser kept crashing which i thought was odd, then my steam games wouldnt load and reported errors. I was like thats strange. Memory Kit is Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz with 16 Cas. I figured maybe the ram wasnt able to run at 3200 so i went down to 3000mhz and everything seemed to run without crashing BUTTT the games were about 40-65 fps less after going down to 3000mhz.

I than replaced the ram with my old set Trident Z RGB 3000mhz and the FPS went back up to 190FPS as oppose to 85-100 with the new ram that i got.

My question is , do i have a bad kit and do i need to return it ???? Seems odd that all my games take a huge FPS drop with the new "faster" kit of memory.

P.S the Corair Ram at 3200mhz crashed my computer BSOD after trying to launch multiple programs.

RIG Specs:
8700K @ 4.7 all cores no offset
Asus Maximus X Hero Wifi A/C
Samsung 970 EVO MVme
GTX 1080TI EVGA SC2

Original Memory: Trident Z RGB 3000mhz
New Memory: Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz the one causing issues

Lutfij

Titan
Please parse on a link to both rams kits that you currently own. You might want to check back with your motherboard and see which BIOS version you're currently on. Did you manually/enable X.M.P for the new ram kit or did you just drop in new ram kit and then power up system?

TRENDING THREADS