FastbackNL

Reputable
May 27, 2019
Hello everyone,

Since a couple weeks now I noticed something weird. My pc isn't trying to push the fps anymore. I can see in the Msi Afterburner overlay that my gpu and cpu are around 30% usage and around 50 degrees celsius.
My problem is that my fps is limited, I have a feeling it is the problem of my ram. Because its clear that my gpu and cpu have enough headroom to push it further. I would really like to hear suggestions and tips.

Greets,

FastbackNL

Hello everyone,

Since a couple weeks now I noticed something weird. My pc isn't trying to push the fps anymore. I can see in the Msi Afterburner overlay that my gpu and cpu are around 30% usage and around 50 degrees celsius.
My problem is that my fps is limited, I have a feeling it is the problem of my ram. Because its clear that my gpu and cpu have enough headroom to push it further. I would really like to hear suggestions and tips.

Greets,

FastbackNL
  • First thing is to list all the parts of your build. Include the brand, model and age of the power supply. Also, what is your monitor resolution and refresh rate?
  • Have you been monitoring CPU and GPU temperatures to see if you have any problem there? Both CPU and GPU are 50C?
  • Did this problem begin immediately following some software installation or windows update?
  • Are your windows power settings on performance or balanced?

FastbackNL

Reputable
May 27, 2019
Thank you for your help,
Parts list:
Ryzen 5 3600 (with retail cooler)
Gtx 970 from msi
16gb 3200mhz corsair ram
Ssd 120gb and hdd 1tb
600watt 80+ power supply thermaltake (I've used it for 1 year now)
b450 mobo

• Did this problem begin immediately following some software installation or windows update?
Not that I am aware of

• Are your windows power settings on performance or balanced?
It's on balanced

FastbackNL

Reputable
May 27, 2019
I think it's fixed, my fps went from 84 to 150 on average. Thank you for your help. In the end it was the power plan, than doesn't only affect the cpu performance but also memory wise. But, why is my ram on 3506mhz?