[SOLVED] FPS issues with my new rtx 3070

Nov 12, 2020
Hi guys

I wonder if anyone with a better computer brain than I have could help me with some issues I’m having.

I have recently installed the new rtx 3070 and the frame rates have been underwhelming to say the least, I used to have a gtx 1060 6gb card, and could play call of duty war zone at around 70 FPS at 1080p, but I have a 144hz monitor so wanted to use its full potential.

With the rtx 3070 I play around 90-110 FPS, no ray tracing on and at moderate - high graphics settings, this seems low to me.

I also play some warhammer total war 2 and ran the bench mark test, I had the gfx on ultra and when the benchmark had finished I averaged 76fps.
Even when I changed the graphics down a bit to high I still got the same average FPS give or take 1.

I play all games 1080p

So my computer

Intel I-7 8700 3.2ghz
Motherboard- Asus prime z370-p
16 gb Corsair vengeance ddr4 3000mhz
Power supply- Corsair 650w Txm series
And the rtx 3070

One thing I tried that my friend told me was to reset the bios to default settings which I have done.

I hope the information is good enough and thank you for any help in advance 🙂

Did you do a clean install of Windows when you installed the new GPU? Did you at least use DDU to remove the old GPU drivers? Did you download the new GPU drivers at all? All of these are good ideas. DDU + Clean drivers at the least, with a windows reinstall being the best option, though a bit more work, saving data you want to carry over, since a reinstall will wipe any data from the main drive.

Nov 12, 2020
Did you do a clean install of Windows when you installed the new GPU? Did you at least use DDU to remove the old GPU drivers? Did you download the new GPU drivers at all? All of these are good ideas. DDU + Clean drivers at the least, with a windows reinstall being the best option, though a bit more work, saving data you want to carry over, since a reinstall will wipe any data from the main drive.

Good Morning

No, i just used the Geforce experience app to install the latest drivers. Is DDU something similar?

Thanks