[SOLVED] FPS problems with the new Valorant game.

sjenvey777

Honorable
Apr 20, 2018
Hey guys,

I got a new 2070 GPU yesterday started playing Valorant and I'm only getting 144fps. I have V-Sync and G-Sync turned off. I tested my 1060 on this too and it got the same outcome. In Full Screen Windowed mode I would get like 100-250fps but don't really want to play FSW. I did make a thread on the Valorant Forums basically noting down what I was experiencing so if anyone cares to look please feel free Here (Hoping I can post a link to another forum). Tweaking the game settings to high to low or low to high just gave me the same out come always 144fps.

I play CSGO a lot and tweak a lot of settings to get the best performance out of it but wouldn't know how to back track my steps. I tried resetting my PC (Keeping all my files) but for some reason it wouldn't work.

Just a FYI my specs are

I5 8600k
2070 8gb GPU
48gb RAM
Monitor Asus ROG PG278Q

Just wondering the best way to troubleshoot this, Mike on the Valorant forums wasn't much help.

alexulmiste

Reputable
Sep 29, 2017
Hello,

try checking CPU and GPU activity/usage while playing if you have two monitors. Task Manager - Performance.

You should also check your CPU temperatures while gaming. Software called HWMonitor provides that info.