Question FPS Spikes consistently.

Jul 24, 2019
For the past few months I have been experiencing fps spikes in every game which I play. No matter if I put the graphics in game to the lowest or the highest, the fps spikes are still there. My normal FPS is: 250-270, when the FPS spike occurs it drops to 15
When I first start playing a game the lag spikes are not consistent. However, when I play more the lag spikes become more often. Sometimes twice or three times a minute.

This FPS spikes stay consistent while on games such as CSGO - Minecraft. So it isn't one specific game.

I have:
Factory reset
Updated all drivers
Changed everything in Nvidia settings to max performance
Changed everything in windows setting to max performance
Downloaded PC optimisation programmes
Cleaned my disks

I have looked on every forum and every youtube guide and tried everything which they suggest but nothing. The only thing which I haven't done is update my BIOS, which when I looked could be updated to a newer version. However, I am reluctant to do this due to my not knowing my exact problem and I do not want to cause my PC more issues.

Here are all my specs:
Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
RAM: 16GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

If anyone has any suggestions which I have not tried already, please let me know!

Thanks.

I'd suggest you download https://www.malwarebytes.com and do a full virus scan, and remove anything it finds. Also, make sure you activate your 14 day free trial to it. You will probably find it detects the PC optimization programs. These are not recommended to be used, as they modify Windows files and can (typically do) reduce performance, rather than increase it. Prior to using the optimisers to try to fix this problem, had you used any boosters, driver downloads, or pirated software before? If so, the better option might be to simply reset Windows.

Also, what is your PSU manufacturer, model and wattage? If it is not enough, it will not be giving all of the necessary power to your components.
Also, what is the model number, speed and how many sticks do you have in RAM?

Jul 24, 2019
I have the MSI GS73VR 7RF Gaming laptop. Im unsure how to find to psu manufacturer and how many sticks of ram I have. Im a total newbie.

I did infact download that malware it didn't find anything

I have the MSI GS73VR 7RF Gaming laptop. I'm unsure how to find to psu manufacturer and how many sticks of ram I have. Im a total newbie.
Ah then PSU is fine in that case, seeming as it's a laptop.
Download https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html I'm the SPD tab, send screenshots of all of the Slot# information. There might be multiple slots, so send them all. You will have to upload them to an image hosting site, then send the link here.