Question Fractal Define R6 USB-C

Feb 24, 2020
Hey so im a total newbie at pc building. I managed to somehow build one but i feel like i have made mistakes.

- I feel like its rather loud especially considering im not doing anything, it never really calms down. All i have done so far is tweak BIOS and idle on desktop.

- Im using a Corsair H150i Pro water cooler and im not sure that i have plugged it into the correct spot, first i had it on the fan hub at the back of the case and then i changed it to the "CPU fan" header on the motherboard, hasnt made a difference.

- Fan hub, whats that about? I have all 3 case fans connected to it and. I think im only using one fan header on the motherboard right now which would be the CPU header.

- The BIOS dont show RPM for any of the fans which i feel like it should, it only shows temps.
The temps are fine i think (CPU is around 40c) although it randomly jumps a couple of degrees at times before going down again.

As you can see i dont really know what im doing iv just kind of... done things.
Its the not knowing where you should plug everything in thats the hardest part.
Does anyone have this case perhaps and can offer some advice?

Feb 24, 2020
I did some testing and its actually my graphics card thats making the noise. Iv got a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT OC SE. Its way to loud for my liking and i have no idea why, almost like its working hard to cool itself but that shouldnt be the case i dont think. Iv got 2 140mm intakes at the front, AIO on top as exhaust + 1 140mm exhaust fan at the back. This is pretty standard is it not? I do have another 140mm on the way which i will mount at the bottom as another intake.

Also, the card has two PCIe slots on it and what i did was use one PCIe cable but plug both ends of it to the card, that way i get both slots covered. Pretty sure thats what you are supposed to do. Maybe it needs drivers i have no idea but it is rather loud honestly which is weird because before i made the purchase it being quiet was one of the things people were mentioning in the reviews i watched.

May 1, 2020
Try moving one of the fan connectors with 3 pins to the 4 pin side of the fan hub. I just built a system with the same Fractal Design case and was getting cpu_fan errors on boot and the bios didn’t show fan rpm. After some testing I moved a connector to the 4 pin side and it appears to now recognize the fans and fan speed.