Fractal Design's Define R6 Cases Get the USB-C Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
what uses USB-C? I can charge my phone with it and that's it, it seems. And to do that, I'd need to buy a special cable that has USB-C on each end instead of using the cable it came with.
I get it's suppose to be fast and support all this great technology, but it's been out for a while and I haven't seen any devices for it.

mlee 2500

Honorable
Oct 20, 2014
What a pain. I'm about to build inside an R6 I bought a couple months back...and have to decide if the pain of paying $20 and going through the hassle of replacing the panel is worth it.

If I DON'T upgrade it, then I'm GUARANTEED to wish I had and want the USB-C on the easily accessible front panel at some point in the future.

If I DO upgrade it, then I'm guaranteed to NOT ever actually need it.

That's just how this sort of thing works.

alextheblue

Distinguished
I love my R5, I think overall I prefer the R5 to the R6. If they stopped making the R5 I'd buy a 6 instead though. Fractal cases in general are my favorite to work with!

I'm pretty sure you'll always have ready access to a cable that has USB-A on one end and USB-C on the other.

adruger

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
It only took about 10 minutes to swap out the connect D1. I use it to charge my phone all the time, so I bought the R6 knowing I would need to swap that in at some point.

mlee 2500

Honorable
Oct 20, 2014

I like your thinking...and my motherboard will have a type c on the back if I truly need one, which I can always route to a hub in an even more convenient location.

mlee 2500

Honorable
Oct 20, 2014

Was the wiring harness difficult to route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS