Question Frame Drops and "Input Lag"

Sep 8, 2023
Hello everyone,

I built my high-end system about 3 months ago and I have been having gameplay issues ever since, ones I should not be having. After weeks of discussion with NVIDIA support and even putting my PC into Microcenter support's hands, the issue still persists, and no one seems to see any issues with hardware performance outside of actual gameplay. What happens is it seems like I am having MASSIVE frame drops and performance dumps periodically while I am playing. During gameplay, I am getting stellar performance - what you would expect from my system. Every 5 minutes or so, my system just goes into slow motion, and I lose input control like whatever key I am pressing at the time of the issue continues to be pressed continually while I take my hands off the controls. It doesn't happen during benchmarks or stress tests, and all of Microcenter's tests went wonderfully. It seems to only happen during gameplay and when I am at home. I used GPU-Z and the control panel to monitor my performance in real time and it literally just looks like every metric tanks about every 5 minutes for 5-10 seconds and then spontaneously corrects itself. I have done everything I (and NVIDA + Microcenter) can possibly think of, but the issue still persists. Do you think it could just be my home electricity network and power draw issues? I have no way to test that but it's all I can think of. On Microcenter's testing, they literally had zero issues and were not experiencing what I am.

Pls help.

System below
- Corsair RM1000e (2023)
- MSI MAG X670e Tomahawk
- Ryzen 9 5900x (AIO cooled Kraken system)
- Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090
- 64GB DDR5 6000 Trident Z Neo
- 5TB (total) Samsung 980 Pro M.2
- Dual Gigabyte G32QC 1440p 165hz monitors

Sep 8, 2023
Hello everyone,

I built my high-end system about 3 months ago and I have been having gameplay issues ever since, ones I should not be having. After weeks of discussion with NVIDIA support and even putting my PC into Microcenter support's hands, the issue still persists, and no one seems to see any issues with hardware performance outside of actual gameplay. What happens is it seems like I am having MASSIVE frame drops and performance dumps periodically while I am playing. During gameplay, I am getting stellar performance - what you would expect from my system. Every 5 minutes or so, my system just goes into slow motion, and I lose input control like whatever key I am pressing at the time of the issue continues to be pressed continually while I take my hands off the controls. It doesn't happen during benchmarks or stress tests, and all of Microcenter's tests went wonderfully. It seems to only happen during gameplay and when I am at home. I used GPU-Z and the control panel to monitor my performance in real time and it literally just looks like every metric tanks about every 5 minutes for 5-10 seconds and then spontaneously corrects itself. I have done everything I (and NVIDA + Microcenter) can possibly think of, but the issue still persists. Do you think it could just be my home electricity network and power draw issues? I have no way to test that but it's all I can think of. On Microcenter's testing, they literally had zero issues and were not experiencing what I am.

Pls help.

System below
- Corsair RM1000e (2023)
- MSI MAG X670e Tomahawk
- Ryzen 9 5900x (AIO cooled Kraken system)
- Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090
- 64GB DDR5 6000 Trident Z Neo
- 5TB (total) Samsung 980 Pro M.2
- Dual Gigabyte G32QC 1440p 165hz monitors