Question frame drops/skips on games on m.2 SSD but not on HDD ?

Oct 14, 2019
Hello everyone,

Here are my specs :
Ryzen 5 1600
Asus PRIME B350M-A
EVGA Gtx 1060 SSC
16Gb (8+4+4) RAM crucial ballistix elite 2666Mhz
600W psu
Crucial p1 1To m.2 Nvme SSD
1To WD 7.2k rpm HDD
144hz AOC C27G1 monitor

So.
Ever since I installed my now 10 days old crucial p1 m.2 SSD, everything that is stored on it (on games it's the most noticeable) gets 1 single short lag (maybe 1/5th of a second only a stutter) every 5 seconds (EDIT: this doesn't happen when I don't move or when nothing has to load, for example in a pause menu). The weird thing is, eveything on my HDD works perfectly fine. The problem does not come from my graphics card, I'm sure of it. I didn't even remove it from the mobo when upgrading and every driver on my pc is up to date. Games are performing well and my pc's temps are normal. my cpu has been oc'd (3.2 to 3.5 with pre made asus BIOS settings) in the past but I got it back to normal, didn't work.
I tried changing some power settings, and BIOS settings, but nothing changed.
I have up to date windows 10 1903 x64 in UEFI mode on a GPT partition on my ssd, my HDD has an MBR partition but I tried unplugging it and I still got lag. when I upgraded from a 500GB crucial SATA ssd, I just copy pasted most of the files I needed, didn't clone the partition. my bios has secure boot enabled, CSM disabled, and I did everything I could so that the SSD was completely compatible.
I have yet to try my ssd on another pc but it's gonna be hard finding a friend's pc with a m.2 port. I'll try to make another smaller partition on it and do another windows install just to check.
My latest antivirus scan didn't find anything wrong, neither did sfc /scannow.
This issue is really getting on my nerves, and I'd like to try to fix it without having to use my warranty. Can anybody help ? thank you !

Oct 14, 2019
What temps are your ssd getting to? After 70c most ssd's start degrading in performance. Also try running some Disk stress tests to see if your ssd is reading and writing data properly. Crystaldisk mark is a lightweight program you can try.

While doing a crystaldiskmark test my ssd's temp didn't get higher than 38°C (<100°F). I don't think it ever reaches 50° yet, I mean I test it for lags with minecraft's frame time graph and a 2d rhythm game. here are my CDM results, is anything wrong with them ? thank you for helping

You can't move to an SSD by simply copying the program folders over to it....(Did you leave your OS on the HDD and just put games on the SSD by copying /pasting, or am I misinterpreting?)

Use Macrium Reflect or Acronis True Image, and clone the entire drive to it...

If you don't have room for everything, then fresh install your OS to the SSD. Then reinstall games to the SSD. Once you have what you need (files, not programs) from the HDD, then quick format it (you don't want two WIndows installations) and use it for lesser needed bulk storage.

Oct 14, 2019
You can't move to an SSD by simply copying the program folders over to it....(Did you leave your OS on the HDD and just put games on the SSD by copying /pasting, or am I misinterpreting?)

Use Macrium Reflect or Acronis True Image, and clone the entire drive to it...

If you don't have room for everything, then fresh install your OS to the SSD. Then reinstall games to the SSD. Once you have what you need (files, not programs) from the HDD, then quick format it (you don't want two WIndows installations) and use it for lesser needed bulk storage.

That's not what I meant. I did a fresh install of Windows on my SSD and copied programs and games from my previous SSD to the New one, I didn't just clone everything.