Question Frame drops with i7 2600k and GTX 1050ti in Fortnite

CaptainJack34

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
I've got an i7 2600k, gtx 1050ti, 8gb (4x 2 sticks) of ram 1333 speed but overclocked to 1600, and wd blue ssd. My graphics card is at around 85 to 92 percent whereas my cpu is around 65. I thought it was my old hard drive but then I upgraded it to an ssd and it changed the frame drops from 15 to 30 fps to 60 to 90. I'm usually getting 130 to 150 frames a second but it drops frames, causing a stuttering effect. I don't know if it is my slow ram or a bottleneck between the processor and graphics card. I have the oc version of the gtx 1050ti, and the core speed goes up to 1800 mz when gaming. I really need help because I don't want to waste my money on a part that I don't need. PLEASE HELP!!!

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need more information. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

To add, which driver version are you working with? You might want to use DDU and uninstall your drivers then reinstall with the latest found off of Nvidia's support site. As an added note, include the age of the PSU and make sure you've updated your BIOS to the latest version(if there are any pending updates).

CaptainJack34

Prominent
Jul 29, 2019
We're going to need more information. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

To add, which driver version are you working with? You might want to use DDU and uninstall your drivers then reinstall with the latest found off of Nvidia's support site. As an added note, include the age of the PSU and make sure you've updated your BIOS to the latest version(if there are any pending updates).
CPU: Intel i7 2600k
Motherboard: Asus p67 deluxe
Ram: hyper x 1333 mz
SSD: Western Digital blue 500gb ssd
GPU: 1050ti 4 gb oc
I recently reinstalled windows 10 and drivers and nothing happened. I was wondering if it was my ram being too slow causing the frame drops and stuttering.

Last edited:
The 2600K is still often capable of 60 (average) FPS gaming, but, it's 4c/4t design are certainly not going to keep up with today's 9700K or 3600 CPUs , in minimum FPS especially...

Only 8 GB of RAM is also now quite minimal for WIn10 gaming, IMO....(I show 6+ GB of RAM utilized with just desktop and Chrome open, plus a smattering of web-storage utilities/plus AV, but that should certainly show that 8 GB can quickly be 'cramped'...

I'd look at relegating the current rig to surfing and older games, and a/or a home NAS, and consider starting pricing it's complete replacement...)

LeBomB

Reputable
Feb 24, 2020
But in minimum requirements Epic says that we need i3 3225. Ok, 3rd generation of intel core, but that model of i3 have worse performance than i7, but Epic try to tell me that I have crashes because i don't have met minimum cpu requirements, because I need 3rd generation intel core, and that was the only argument :D
That i3 was in minimum requirements from about June 2019, and I could still play Fortnite on my i7 2600 in 144 FPS, and for that moment my cPU was compatible, and suddenly it's not, but minimum requirements doesn't change ;)