Question "frame lag" on games even though frames are stable and above 144 all the time ?

Jun 23, 2024
Hi peeps,

Recently i have noticed pretty bad "frame lag "(idk how to call it otherwise) while playing games on my PC. I will attacht a clip of the lag to this post. you can see the lag ataround 2 secs in.

It seems to happen in most games but its mostly noticible in Brawlhalla. I myself work in the IT sector but can't seem to figure this one out.

My specs are as follows:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800x

MOBO: Asus strix B550-F gaming (AM4)

GPU: RTX 3090

RAM: Corsair 32GB DDR4 with XMP profile enabled at 3200Mhz

PSU: 850W ...

Storage: Samsung M.2 for the games and OS

The GPU and PSU have been bought from a friend after a year or so of usage because he upgraded to te latest one,. the rest i bought new.

I am thinking that it could be the problem of my PSU failing or something with the GPU, because it has been torn apart and tinkered with.

If you have any idea or questions they are all welcome! :)

PSU: 850W ... I am thinking that it could be the problem of my PSU failing or something with the GPU, because it has been torn apart and tinkered with.
What is the exact model number and brand of this power supply ? How old is the PSU actually, from the date of actual purchase ?

After watching the video you posted, it appears there was a very slight pause in between the gameplay, in my opinion. How do other games perform on your PC ? Especially some high graphic demanding PC titles, assuming you play them ?

Also try doing a clean and a fresh reinstall of the GPU drivers, as well as OS if need be.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2024
What is the exact model number and brand of this power supply ? How old is the PSU actually, from the date of actual purchase ?

After watching the video you posted, it appears there was a very slight pause in between the gameplay, in my opinion. How do other games perform on your PC ? Especially some high graphic demanding PC titles, assuming you play them ?

Also try doing a clean and a fresh reinstall of the GPU drivers, as well as OS if need be.
Hey, the brand of the PSU is Cooler master if im correct and i feel like i've had it for like a year and i believe my friend had it for atleast 2 or 3.

other games i get very similiar stutters too, it just feels like my game is not running in 144+ fps but it is.

i have done a fresh reinstall of GPU drivers just not OS yet

Do you have the exact Model number of the Cooler Master PSU ?

Like for example this one is the MWE Bronze V2 450 Watts.

810FP1fdX5L.jpg

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
No problem. The Model number was more important than knowing the actual brand, but it appears you already have a decent power supply unit. Corsair TX-M series are known for their decent build and quality.

Though, even reputed PSUs can fail, and you have already mentioned that this PSU was tinkered with, so we can't say anything with surety. You can try testing your PSU using this tool.

Download OCCT and run the power supply test. https://www.ocbase.com/occt/personal

Can you also test your PC by using some other power supply model ?

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2024
No problem. The Model number was more important than knowing the actual brand, but it appears you already have a decent power supply unit. Corsair TX-M series are known for their decent build and quality.

Though, even reputed PSUs can fail, and you have already mentioned that this PSU was tinkered with, so we can't say anything with surety. You can try testing your PSU using this tool.

Download OCCT and run the power supply test. https://www.ocbase.com/occt/personal

Can you also test your PC by using some other power supply model ?
I will do that, but i might have specified wrong, the GPU is the one that has been tinkered with, not the PSU.
I have also made some other changes like disabling Discord overlay like some other person brought up on another foum. i have not tested if it works yet but i will as soon as i can.
I have also tried uninstalling my drivers with DDU and installing them again but that bricked my PC to the point where i could not install drivers again at all, the driver install just kept stopping at one point (no error code)

Jun 23, 2024
Also by saying to do the power supply test on OCCT i assume you mean that i should choose the option "Power" on the "Stability test" tab