News Framework disses other PC makers about overuse of AI branding

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
If you break a port on the framework it’s a main board replacement.
No, you replace the module that is 10-20 dollars to replace. If you break the connector directly on the motherboard that connects to the modules somehow, then yes, you would need to repair it yourself, warranty the board, buy a new board, or be down a port. What happens when a port on a MacBook breaks? Same exact thing except there are no 10-20 dollar modules to hot swap the broken port for and even if its not the module, its covered under warranty, and if out of warranty, you can repair it yourself or get a new mainboard just the same as with a MacBook. So tell me, how does a MacBook have a 'better' repair process in place for the same issue?
No it’s not. Your Key also has to break for that so maybe you could just design a better keyboard

If you break a port on the framework it’s a main board replacement.

Nope that’s literally just a list of lies. It’s not really moronic when you could bypass security by just installing a new part. Things like the LAS hardware disconnects the mic in MacBooks which is a pretty large security fix. Same with the TouchID sensor. You lose functionality like truetone because of calibration and not knowing the power demands of third party displays. On top of that it disincentivises stealing macs and harvesting parts off them.
Yeah, okay, I'm a liar, says the guy stating MacBook's are more user repairable, easier to do so, and cheaper to repair than a Framework laptop. I wonder how many Apple products and stocks you own? In any case, I am done, I'm not going to get banned exchanging ad homs as you clearly want.

Last edited:
Reactions: KyaraM
No, you replace the module that is 10-20 dollars to replace. If you break the connector directly on the motherboard that connects to the modules somehow, then yes, you would need to repair it yourself, warranty the board, buy a new board, or be down a port. What happens when a port on a MacBook breaks? Same exact thing except there are no 10-20 dollar modules to hot swap the broken port for and even if its not the module, its covered under warranty, and if out of warranty, you can repair it yourself or get a new mainboard just the same as with a MacBook. So tell me, how does a MacBook have a 'better' repair process in place for the same issue?

Yeah, okay, I'm a liar, says the guy stating MacBook's are more user repairable, easier to do so, and cheaper to repair than a Framework laptop. I wonder how many Apple products and stocks you own? In any case, I am done, I'm not going to get banned exchanging ad homs as you clearly want.
No you’re not understanding. I’m not talking about the dongle I’m taking about the actual port.

The MacBook ports are all on daughter boards that you can swap out yourself.

I mean they are and they’re cheaper to repair. You’re the one resorting to ad homiems die to a lack of either points or understanding, I don’t require them.

No you’re not understanding. I’m not talking about the dongle I’m taking about the actual port.

The MacBook ports are all on daughter boards that you can swap out yourself.

I mean they are and they’re cheaper to repair. You’re the one resorting to ad homiems die to a lack of either points or understanding, I don’t require them.
I never ad homed in this conversation.

TRENDING THREADS