Freazing Videos

jdub

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Whenever I play a movie, no matter what program I use be it Windows Media,
DivX, or any other player, one of two things happens.

A. after about half a seconed the video freazes but the sound continues to
play, and the player window is unresponsive. If I try to close the player a
window shows asking me to end the task, If I hit yes my entire computer then
freazes and has to be re-booted.

b. the movie freazes on the first frame while the sound continues, if I
adjust the size or position of the player window the movie advances a few
frames. Trying to pause, stop, rewind or fast-forward the movie causes the
player to go unresponsive (with sound still playing) trying to close the
player gives me the same problem as above.

Playing a gave with an intro movie locks up my computer as well.

I have re-installed windows several times and wiped my hard drive as well, I
used to be able to watch movies just fine. Any help would be great, thanks.

I have used windows player 9 and the latest test verion.