Free 90-day Windows 7 Enterprise Trial for IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

tektek

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
90 days.. not bad.. i'll give it a whirl... (first beta.. then RC.. then official 30 day trial..) i like where this is going... now if this can be upgraded!! woooohoo!!

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]truehighroller[/nom]There shouldn't be that catch at the end where you have to reinstall everything, that sucks.[/citation]

No that bad, but certainly an inconvenience. I would be documenting everything as i created my Image(s) anyhow.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
[citation][nom]tektek[/nom]90 days.. not bad.. i'll give it a whirl... (first beta.. then RC.. then official 30 day trial..) i like where this is going... now if this can be upgraded!! woooohoo!![/citation]
It just said it can't be upgraded, that it has to be reinstalled. To be honest, from a business perspective this seems like a waste of time. Businesses don't want to install new OSes just to try them and then have to reinstall them again. That's not being productive.

So much beta stuff. Beta, RC, 90 day trial, just release the OS, it's not that much different from Vista. I've been on the RTM for 30 days already.

leo2kp

Distinguished
Doom, I think the point is for an IT department to install it on test machines and labs, not necessarily productions machines. In that case, you should have enough time to test in the 3-months period and by then you will be able to purchase it. Especially good news for small businesses.

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]It just said it can't be upgraded, that it has to be reinstalled. To be honest, from a business perspective this seems like a waste of time. Businesses don't want to install new OSes just to try them and then have to reinstall them again. That's not being productive.So much beta stuff. Beta, RC, 90 day trial, just release the OS, it's not that much different from Vista. I've been on the RTM for 30 days already.[/citation]

I think MS meant this for businesses to try maybe on one or two PCs just to check if any problem would be encountered on their software or hardware. I don't think they meant for the IT department to try it out for all PCs in the company.

Humans think

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
@amnotanoobie: I think you are right
@some kind of field expert: Some IT departments have gone to an admirable extent to have centrally controlled software (and their respective licenses) distribution and deployment via terminal services and integrated components of Win XP (they simply show up in the Add/remove software in the end-user), I've seen them in really big organizations, is it possible to migrate this "mega-structure" to 2008server-Win7?

Off topic:
Just got mine Win 7 Pro running through MSDNAA for free. I made the change from Win XP to 7 and I can say that I am satisfied from the result although resemblance to Vista makes me awry :p

ca87

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
[citation][nom]leo2kp[/nom]Doom, I think the point is for an IT department to install it on test machines and labs, not necessarily productions machines.[/citation]yes u are right there. It will be very stupid to run the test on all machines in the office or whatever, one computer can be used to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.