Free Sync with a NVIDIA GTX GPU?

becontroller

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
I dont know who to hate,but if AMD and NVIDIA could support each other,the gaming market can be much less $ and open resource.I was trying to aim for a G Sync monitor since i have a NVIDIA GPU but the problem is that they are SO EXPENSIVE! Exagarated.

So searching for Free Sync monitors,there were brand like Samsung and LG that are my favorites but is not compatible with my GPU,so im asking you guys if this option is quite noticable at gaming/overall use,free sync turned off.I still be getting 144Hz? Or i could get more FPS than my actual 60 Hz monitor?

Is there a way that i can benefit 144Hz?

I was searching for a 4K monitor too but is moslty useless for me because im not a video editor,work with photoshop,youtube,and for 4K Gaming is really expensive.I would need more than one GPU with SLI which i cant afford.

My current interested Free sync monitor is this one from Samsung.

https://www.spdigital.cl/products/view/55998?utm_source=solotodo&utm_medium=product_listing&utm_campaign=price_comparisons

freesync is AMD version of Gsync, not necessary but good to have. What it does is to dynamically change refresh rate to eliminate micro stuttering if there are any. Turn either off, it behaves like a regular monitor, no dynamic FPS adjusting for you. In this case, you can still reach 144 FPS if CPU/GPU combo allows, but may see micro-stuttering. For that, faster FPS will reduce your feeling of micro-stuttering, you can use vsync/fast sync/adaptive vsync to help eliminate stuttering, just worse than gsync. In some cases, people don't even experience stuttering, it really depends on game, your rig and monitor. In all, Vsync is good to have for GTX gpu, but we have some work arounds with normal/freesync monitors.

It will just be a normal monitor if you use it with an NVIDIA card.

becontroller

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017

So,buying a free sync monitor would be a waste of money? ton of gamers like me are trying to buy a G sync monitor but they are too expensive and free sync is not compatible with Nvidia GPU's.So what's your solution for this? Million of gamers are stuck on this.Help me.

becontroller

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
I definately want to upgrade my Monitor first,oh my god,is an LG Cinema 3D D2345 23 Inches with 2 3D plastic glasses,this is like a 4~5 years old.I play overwatch and other blizzard games,and gives me 70FPS aprox with high settings.With Fast sync turn on.I cannot see any stutterring issues but i believe that 144Hz monitor will give me a nice visual gaming boost.

becontroller

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017

So,even if im not gonna be able to benefit freesync,you think is worth the upgrade?