Question Freeze/loading screen pc rtx 3080 on gameplay

paourissi

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2013
I have a weird issue right now and iam wondering if it is a DLSS setting problem.
I just bought an RTX 3080 and i have installed all the latest drivers.
Im playing the latest games for pc such as Spider-man remastered and uncharted lost legacy.

I noticed that when i enabled the dlss setting, after a while during the game, the image freezes. If i minimize the game and then open in in full window, the game continue normally. This happens only in spiderman.

In uncharted on the other hand, during the game, randomly i get a black screen with a loading cursor in the middle for seconds and then the image reappears again. But when this happens, the game lags a little bit and i fix it by toggling the window from bordless to full window.

Do you know why this is happening?

If so how did you guys fix it ?

I play on 4K resolution with G-sync and 120 refresh rate. Driver version 526.98

FULL SPECS:

Inter Core 12900k
Z690 UD AX
32GB DRR5
RTX 3080 MSI GAMING TRIO 10GB
Samsung SSD 980 NVMe M.2 1TB
PSU 1000W PLATINUM CORSAIR

paourissi

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2013
It sounds like you are having a vram problem, when minimize the game and open the it back up it is probably resetting the vram usage amount. Use Msi Afterburner to monitor the vram usage. See if it is bleeding over the 10 or 12gb vram that your card has.

I used as you said the msi afterburner. Vram seems stable at 7gb. I dont think that is a vram issue here.

paourissi

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2013
Hmm ok then... Are any of them steam games? How are you originally playing the games when you have the probelms. Widowed mode or full screen?

This problem occurs when im playing on my OLED LG 4k with 120fps and G-sync.
When im playing at my other 2160x1440p monitor with no g-sync this problem doesnt occur.

Is it possible that g-sync causing this?

I always play on fullscreen

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS