Freezing problem on videos and some games

bpinhosilva

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
Hi guys, I am facing a weird problem with my rig that I tried many different things without success. My computer freezes while playing videos on YouTube or some games like Far Cry 3, watchdogs 2, tomb raider.

It's completely random, sometimes it takes seconds or even minutes to happen. It freezes with a strange sound (about 3s) and then everything stops working. I noticed the HD LED indicator doesn't blink.

I have tried cleaning all drivers even formatting the windows.

I have seen many similar posts but their solutions don't work to me.

I am not overclocking anything and the bios is loaded with default config. I have updated it also.

My system is in SSD and all other files in another Seagate disk.

Any help is welcome.

My PC specs are:

MOBO: ASUS M5A99X EVO AM3+
Processor: AMD FX 8350
PSU: Corsair 600M
GPU: GTX 970 Gigabyte
SSD Kingston 120GB (System only)
HD Seagate 1TB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance PRO DDR3 1600MHz CMY8GX3M2A1600C9, 8GB (2 x 4GB)

I have tried to set RAM timings manually through bios but nothing changed.

I noticed the system logs don't catch the problem. There is a gap between the time it happened and when I turned it off manually. Not a single clue.

Thanks in advance.

Hard to say if it's an HDD issue because your OS is on an SSD. Download crystal disk info and check the drives health.

bpinhosilva

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015

Just ran the software and it says both disks are good (100%).
I noticed something strange happening when I disable the Wireless PCI Adapter (WN851ND), the problem seems to disappear. I tried with Far Cry 3 and I could play it without problems. If I enable it and play connected to the internet, the system freezes in 5 minutes.

This device has no official driver for windows 10, even though the system uses a generic from Microsoft and works pretty good.

I am testing a few more times, but is there any chance this could be the problem?

I have seen some complaint about Nvidia and Realtek HD Audio driver, now I have only the realtek and the situation is almost the same... Still trying to find a solution.

I've got some errors from system logs:

Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.

#2 (related to COM Server application)
permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
and APPID
{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Thanks.