Frequency of license info request

David

Hi,

We are evaluating using terminal services in an
integration excersise of 2 disparate systems. For
performance reasons I would like to know when and how
often the license server asks the client for lisence
information. At startup, polls periodically or both?

The server maybe WINNT or XP

Thanks

David

There is never any direct contact between the client and the TS
Licensing Server.
On logon, the TS checks with the client and the licensing server if
there exists a valid license on the client. If there isn't one, the
TS requests a license from the LS and issues it to the client.

This is only done at logon time.

Here are the details:

Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server Licensing White paper
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/termserv
lic.mspx

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server