Frequent 1-2 second black screens while gaming

May 23, 2018
Hey guys,

Got a new GPU - Nvidia 1060, a month ago. Prior to using this, I did not play games on fullscreen because my old GPU couldn't handle it. Now, I play games (Fortnite) on fullscreen and it looks great, runs smoothly, etc except for these strange black screens I can't get rid of. It'll last for 1-2 seconds, and the screen will briefly flash back to whatever was on the monitor 5-10 minutes ago. Happens every 5 minutes or so. Also, when minimizing while in fullscreen, the game will sometimes be frozen completely when I try to tab back in. Not sure if these issues are related at all, but Google has very little for solutions on this strange black screen problem. Does anyone have any information or advice regarding this? I would be super appreciative.

May 23, 2018
Yeah I did a clean wipe. Many times over trying to solve this. Power doesn't die on my monitor, it just flashes black, flashes to an image that was on my monitor in the last 10 mins, then flashes back to my game. The issue does not occur if I have a 60FPS cap, but i get insane screen tearing and bluriness at a 60 cap.

I've tried just about everything attempting to fix this

May 23, 2018
Yeah I did a clean wipe. Many times over trying to solve this. Power doesn't die on my monitor, it just flashes black, flashes to an image that was on my monitor in the last 10 mins, then flashes back to my game. The issue does not occur if I have a 60FPS cap, but i get insane screen tearing and bluriness at a 60 cap.

I've tried just about everything attempting to fix this

Aug 22, 2018
go to Nividia control panel---->then click on change resoultion----->in that page reduce your refresh rate if it was 75 reduce it to 60 (DONE) go to any game and try to minimize