Question Frequent hibernation (not under windows)

Aug 5, 2024
Hi everyone,

I have an old laptop (ASUS VGN-BZ13XN) which I am trying to recycle for a small DIY project in linux.
I have a usb drive with ubuntu-24.04-live-server-amd64 on it, well formatted using Rufus. During install, my laptop regularly went into sleep...
One press on a key and it wakes up again and continues install as if nothing happened.
Once install was done, I am in my command line and I can check out the install, it all seems good, but every once in a while (usually around a minute), it goes back to sleep.

Note: I changed the hardrive with a SSD, I removed the battery to test and I am directly plugged on the wall, I changed the CMOS battery to a new one (and measured 3V correctly), I removed one of the two RAM and switched them, and also tried with an external monitor with lid open/closed, or fully open to check if there was a wiring issue on that side.

Laptop isnt hot (and the hibernation sometimes happened within seconds during install, so i dont think it even had time to be hot enough to be an issue).

Any idea of what could be the cause ?

I only have two options left to try : a new SSD, and a new power supply... but not too sure if that would do anything here.
so if you have any ideas, please let me know !

Thanks in advance