Question Frequent Stutters in Games with GPU Usage Dropping to 0%

Sep 10, 2024
Hello, I'm new to the forum and have seen a few similar threads, but none of them provided a solution. So, I decided to create my own thread as I've been facing this issue for a long time without finding any resolution.

The problem is as follows: at random intervals during gameplay, there are sudden stutters where the game freezes for a few seconds, and the GPU usage drops to 0%, sometimes 1%. Occasionally, the CPU usage drops as well. I'll attach videos showing the issue in detail. I've also run tests on three different benchmark applications, and the results were as expected, which I'll include in the attachments as well.

The biggest challenge is that I cannot identify what triggers this issue, making it difficult to bring my system to a service center or technician. They might test it with 1-2 games, and if the problem doesn’t occur during that time, they'll just return it saying there's no issue.

My BIOS is updated to the latest version, the graphics card driver is also the most recent, and I've performed multiple clean installations of Windows. I also ran MemTest for the RAM, which showed 0 errors.

Here are my system specs:

• Motherboard: Asus PRIME B550M-A/CSM
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600
  • CPU Cooler: ID-COOLING SE-214-XT
  • GPU: ASUS DUAL GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC 8GB GDDR6 256Bit
  • RAM: XPG Gammix D35 8GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 x 2
  • SSD: Kingston NV2 1TB NVMe PCIE 4.0
  • PSU: ASUS TUF GAMING 650B 650W 80+ Bronze
I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions regarding this issue.

Videos and Benchmark Images

Sep 10, 2024
Did you check your GPU drivers for updates? Or maybe there is overclocking that's causing GPU instability.
The GPU driver is up to date, and I’ve also tried other stable versions I found online, but there was no difference. Could overclocking cause such an issue due to insufficient power delivery, or would it be more likely to result from a hardware malfunction if that's the case?