[SOLVED] Fresh windows install on m.2

Pri2sk

Commendable
Oct 19, 2019
Hello, so im here with a quick question cause i couldnt find the specific information, so got a m.2 ssd drive cause my old one had less space and i wanted to upgrade to a bigger one to install my windows in, so i wanna ask can i format all my drives with disk manager (including the one who has windows in it) and boot new one from flash drive, or is there a possibility to format them from bios cause i couldnt find it, im asking this beacause im not sure if this will do any damage to os if i format all drives while the pc is operating

specs
Ryzen 5 2600
B450m-ds3h
Rx 580 8gb saphire nitro+
Team Group Delta RGB DDR4 16GB (2x8GB)
3000MHz CL16 1.35V

new m.2 i have is wd blue SN570 500gb

Thanks for any information!

Solution
you can format them all during the install process of win 10 if you like** or you can

Boot from installer

On screen after language choice, pick repair pc, not install

Pick troubleshoot

Pick advanced

Pick Command Prompt

Type diskpart and press enter

Type list disk and press enter

This will show the list of drives currently attached to PC, make note of the drive number of the drive you want to wipe

If Disk 1 is the drive you want to clear, type select 1) and press enter. A message will confirm it is selected

Warning: Diskpart Erase/Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk.

Once you sure its right disk, type Clean and...

Colif

Win 11 Master
you can format them all during the install process of win 10 if you like** or you can

Boot from installer

Pick troubleshoot

Pick advanced

Pick Command Prompt

This will show the list of drives currently attached to PC, make note of the drive number of the drive you want to wipe

If Disk 1 is the drive you want to clear, type select 1) and press enter. A message will confirm it is selected

Warning: Diskpart Erase/Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk.

Once you sure its right disk, type Clean and press enter

The Command Prompt window will display the message "DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk". Close out of the Command Prompt window by clicking the red X in the upper right hand corner.

you can't format the install drive while OS is running. Have to boot off a USB. should be able to format the others though.

**Its generally a good idea to only have the ssd you want windows on in PC when you install windows, it stops windows using other blank space on other drives.

Solution

Pri2sk

Commendable
Oct 19, 2019

Boot from installer

Pick troubleshoot

Pick advanced

Pick Command Prompt

Once you sure its right disk, type Clean and press enter

The Command Prompt window will display the message "DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk". Close out of the Command Prompt window by clicking the red X in the upper right hand corner.

you can't format the install drive while OS is running. Have to boot off a USB. should be able to format the others though.

**Its generally a good idea to only have the ssd you want windows on in PC when you install windows, it stops windows using other blank space on other drives.

Thanks a lot i'll try it right now :)