Question Freshly built PC won't boot

Mar 29, 2023
Greetings! I recently finished building my gaming PC, everything new except m.2 disk with windows 10 on it. After connecting everything i launched it and got 'New CPU installed' error
Something like this:
image-35.jpg

I pressed Y and PC shut down, I didn't manage to boot it since then. I tried clearing CMOS, nothing changed.
I tested PSU with paperclip and the fan started spinning.
I tried flashing BIOS with USB stick (did it on motherboard connected only with PSU), LED was blinking fast for some time, then it was solid red for a couple of seconds, and turned off.
I tried booting whole setup with different PSU but got the same result - when launching, a small sound can be heard from inside the case, and apart from it there's nothing.

Build specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600
CPU cooler: Spartan 5 Max
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2
GPU: RX 6700 XT Hellhound
RAM: Kingston Fury DD4 3600 CL17 2x8 GB
PSU: Corsair CV650 80 PLUS Bronze
Disk: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB
Case: Endorfy Ventum 200 Solid

I don't know what should I do now. Could you please help me out?

Last edited:

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Greetings! I recently finished building my gaming PC, everything new except m.2 disk with windows 10 on it. After connecting everything i launched it and got 'New CPU installed' error
Something like this:
image-35.jpg

I pressed Y and PC shut down, I didn't manage to boot it since then. I tried clearing CMOS, nothing changed.
I tested PSU with paperclip and the fan started spinning.
I tried flashing BIOS with USB stick (did it on motherboard connected only with PSU), LED was blinking fast for some time, then it was solid red for a couple of seconds, and turned off.
I tried booting whole setup with different PSU but got the same result - when launching, a small sound can be heard from inside the case, and apart from it there's nothing.

Build specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600
CPU cooler: Spartan 5 Max
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2
GPU: RX 6700 XT Hellhound
RAM: Kingston Fury DD4 3600 CL17 2x8 GB
PSU: Corsair CV650 80 PLUS Bronze
Disk: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB
Case: Endorfy Ventum 200 Solid

I don't know what should I do now. Could you please help me out?
It sounds like you tried to use Windows 10 disk from another build with different hardware. Don't think that will work. I think you need a fresh install of Windows 10 to incorporate the new hardware that you've got.
DaleH

Mar 29, 2023
It sounds like you tried to use Windows 10 disk from another build with different hardware. Don't think that will work. I think you need a fresh install of Windows 10 to incorporate the new hardware that you've got.
DaleH
I thought I'll manage to boot it up on current disk and reinstall Windows from bootable USB. I'll try to reinstall it on current PC and try again.
But if i did try launching PC without hard drive, wouldn't it at least boot up to BIOS level? Because i tried it and it didn't boot at all.

Mar 29, 2023
Today i tried flashing BIOS with only 24-pin connector connected and it worked! PC is booting up (or at least shows life signals) with 8 pin CPU power disconnected, when both 8-pin and 24-pin connectors are connected, it doesn't work.