[SOLVED] Friend lost game data after Changing GPU

Sam095

Honorable
Jun 28, 2015
So my friend recently updated his graphics card from a Gigabyte something or other (I think 650 but I'm not entirely sure, it was old) to an Nvidia 1660. When he tried to play a game of NBA 2k14, however, he noticed that all of his save game files, as well as his mods were gone and nowhere to be found. I am the one who changed the graphics card for him, but I didn't touch his storage devices at all, so I'm quite confused as to what happened to his files. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? I'm assuming the files are gone forever, but is there anyway to get them back?

Solution
changing a GPU removes no files from system except the drivers for the GPU which only power the graphics so if he has lost something it is totally not your fault.

Sam095

Honorable
Jun 28, 2015
changing a GPU removes no files from system except the drivers for the GPU which only power the graphics so if he has lost something it is totally not your fault.

That's why I'm so confused, since changing the card definitely doesn't remove files. He's not blaming me per se, just noticed that his files were gone after we switched the card, which was the only thing that happened. I'm wondering if they somehow got moved to a different folder and now 2k14 doesn't know where to pull them from.

Thanks for your answer!

TRENDING THREADS