[SOLVED] Friends Windows 10 PC Keeps Restarting after logging into windows after 1-3 minutes.

Feb 24, 2022
Hey,

So I recently sold my friend an old pc, currently I have an RTX 2060 i9-10900k and I sold him a GTX 1050ti Ryzen 7 3700x. He performend a clean windows installation and no hope. After 1-3 minutes the PC randomly restarts. We have done many things like going into CMD in the blue screen and performing random commands from the help we could get on YouTube and still no hope. We have performed a clean boot, and booted from safe mode. However it only restarts when he gets into windows it doesnt happen in the blue screen or bios.

Solution
Before that everything was working fine and there were no problems with it. Before selling it to him I have replaced the thermal paste in the GPU, and when he took it to the repair shop the guys said that it's a GPU Issue.

If its GPU issue as the repair guy said then he needs to replace it or what you can do is test your GPU in his computer to make sure it is GPU. Sounds like everything was working until you put new paste on GPU so how much paste did you place on the GPU because if you put to much on could heat gpu alot more
There many reasons why its restarting but might not be windows or bios fault but an hardware fault like the PSU or Cooler and the temps that making it restart so think you should check the components to see if thats effecting your friend computer!. 2 years ago had my comp restart alot and tried everything so changed PSU and motherboard and went back working again!

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to reboot automatically. The problem could be the RAM, Hard Drive, Power Supply, Graphic Card or External devices:

Feb 24, 2022
There many reasons why its restarting but might not be windows or bios fault but an hardware fault like the PSU or Cooler and the temps that making it restart so think you should check the components to see if thats effecting your friend computer!. 2 years ago had my comp restart alot and tried everything so changed PSU and motherboard and went back working again!

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to reboot automatically. The problem could be the RAM, Hard Drive, Power Supply, Graphic Card or External devices: – or it could be an overheating or BIOS issue. This post will help you if your computer freezes or reboots due to Hardware issue
Before that everything was working fine and there were no problems with it. Before selling it to him I have replaced the thermal paste in the GPU, and when he took it to the repair shop the guys said that it's a GPU Issue.

If its GPU issue as the repair guy said then he needs to replace it or what you can do is test your GPU in his computer to make sure it is GPU. Sounds like everything was working until you put new paste on GPU so how much paste did you place on the GPU because if you put to much on could heat gpu alot more

Solution